“Sea food and service that is over the top !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 345 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Peruvian
Toronto
“Sea food and service that is over the top !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I don’t consider myself brave or fussy when it comes to food choices. I know what I like and generally stick to the tried and proven “mainstream foods”, chicken, salmon, veggies etc. During my recent visit to Costa Rica , my local company took me out to dinner to what they said “would not be a disappointment” …

It was a Peruvian restaurant. I had never eaten Peruvian before and figured that the Hooters close by or other countless of restaurants around in that strip would be a “safer” choice for me. I was really hungry and was in no mood to experiment that night. After much arm twisting I reluctantly went in. The place was full, A good sign that the food is probably good. My hosts spoke to the waiter who willingly whisked us upstairs to the upper floor of the restaurant that was open and quieter.

We ordered a sea food platter of some kind and it was the absolute best sea food I have ever eaten in my entire life. Absolutely incredibly presentation that they put together in seemingly no time. Mouthwatering to the last morsel. We polished off that large platter and left it bare. My choice of salad was equally “over the top”. For the main course I ordered lobster. I am not a lobster person at all but inhaled it all would be the right word because of the way it was prepared and presented. They take out the “meaty” part of the lobster for you and fill up the shell with string vegetables etc and present it fully cooked with all of the lobster on the plate.

The Coffee was delicious Costa Rican authentic , piping hot and served with a yummy local sweet we ordered from their desert menu.

The service in both English and Spanish was exceptionally prompt and very professional. Absolutely the best food sea food (or even food) I have ever eaten in my life. If you have a chance to visit this place and experience this cuisine it worth the cab ride from your hotel. Lots to see around that area too – it’s very much alive with bars and music etc !

It costs us about 170 dollars USD for the 3 of us (a drink each, appetizer platter, main course for three, coffee and desert).

• Visited September 2013