“Great Food, Cool Locale, Good Time” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #128 of 295 restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The most famous Cuban restaurant of the World.
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Great Food, Cool Locale, Good Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 NEW

A friend of ours took us to this gem one night while staying in Santa Ana. When the server came our friend ordered for the table, what I presumed was some appetizers, but when the food arrived we could barely get through it. Nice portions. Every bite another experience. Quality food. I really believed I was going to order a main course but by the time we cleared the plates I was full. I have to, have to, have to go back here. There's so much I need to taste.

The night we were there we enjoyed live music and made a point to see what celebrities had made a visit. You are definitely in good company here. Enjoy.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Oklahoma
“Mojitos and Music..Can't go wrong..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I've been twice to this chain Cuban restaurant and had great experiences. First for lunch, then dinner. The decor is fun and typical (write you name on the wall is inexplicably big here). The food is good and mojitos are the drink of choice (I like both the normal and strawberry.) What really stands out is the service and the live music. The staff are well trained and want you to enjoy the experience. The music is nice, not overpowering, so conversation is easy. The staff also loves to dance and will keep the fun going. Conveniently located, it is easy to find. Enclosed parking lot next door. Located on a corner lot next to the street, I don't recommend the outside seating. Too many buses, cars, etc. (exhaust fumes). You will have more fun inside.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“OVERPRICED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The food was OK, nothing great. Everything is a la carte, which makes the meal tooooo expensive. Usually in Cuban restaurants the meal comes with rice and bread, certainly not here.
Atmosphere was good, but mojito's quite small and not too much liquor in it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good atmosphere and decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I enjoyed the experience here on the patio with a cool breeze floating by, sipping on my mojito with my friends. The Guacamole was very good and the yuca frita was also good. My cuban sandwich was nothing special. Some of my friends had steak and it looked very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose
“What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Yesterday we went on a family lunch to this place because we loved it the first time, yesterday's food was lacking of Cuban flavor: there was no garlic or mojo, no olives on ropa vieja, big disappointment, service still good which is a good thing tough, but without good flavor what is left in a restaurant?