“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 86 Hotels in San Jose
Henderson, Nevada
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Manager Guy Grand took great care of my friends and I .He's very friendly and courteous with a welth of information .The hotel is very nice and clean. Location is great everything is in walking distance highly recommended can't wait to come back !

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've been coming to San Jose for over 10 years staying in many different hotels. Hotel mona lisa is the best value in town. The front desk people Hernan and Helmut are great, they will help you in any way they can. Taxi service is 24hr ,food in the restaurant is great, security is top notch, maintenance and housekeeping very efficient and friendly. Many thanks to gen. Manager Guy and his kind staff. Thank you Richard U.S.A.

Room Tip: I prefer higher floor 3 or 4
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed for 5 days in January and it was very clean and convenient in downtown San Jose. My only complaint is that the safe is not screwed into the wall or anything . Someone could put it in their suitcase and roll it out of the hotel. Casino eliminated the table games that were there in 2013..

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I come to San Jose a lot and I used to stay at another local hotel, but someone I met suggested the Hotel Mona Lisa so I thought I would give it a try. What a great decision that was. The Mona Lisa is a very modernize hotel unlike other dated hotels in the area. This is my fourth stay at the Mona Lisa and I thought it was time to write a review and let others know about this great place. On this visit they were having a special and the standard rooms were $39.99 per night. What a great rate for a Four Star Hotel. You cannot find a better price anywhere in San Jose with a four star rating and there is never a fee charged for friends and visitors invited by the guest. The rooms are big and clean with air conditioning and a mini-refrigerator in every room; basically you have everything you need for a comfortable stay. The location is in the Historic neighborhood called Barrio Amon. Beautiful 100 year old mansions, museums, art galleries, restaurants etc., and less than a 10 minute walk to downtown San Jose. The food in the restaurant is good and the guest services are excellent. The Sports Bar is open nightly till 2am and Karaoke and dancing on the weekends. All the staff here are very friendly and helpful especially the Guest Service Manager Guy Grand. He is available all day and night to help you with your every need. Whatever it is you need ATM, supermarkets, tours, entertainment, he knows where everything is and where to send you. It's so nice to have a friendly American at a hotel to help you in a foreign country. Also, the security at the hotel is excellent and you will feel safe during your stay. While I was there I took advantage of the Professional massage therapist, Yorleny. She has a room on the fourth floor and she gives one of the best massages I've ever had. She has four degrees from massage school and speaks English and for $40 an hour you can't beat it. She's also very easy on the eyes.! I recommend you don't leave the hotel without a massage from her. All four of my stays at the Mona Lisa were great and I highly recommend staying there.

I strongly recommend you contact Guy Grand to schedule you next stay in San Jose. You can't find a better value anywhere else in San Jose.

Pura Vida

Room Tip: I prefer the fourth floor. If you want total quiet book a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
PEOTONE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first stay at Hotel Mona Lisa. It was comfortable, clean, and safe. The staff was very accommodating and housekeeping was thorough and dependable. They would change the sheets daily if requested. this is definitely a place I would stay again. S. Wynn

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was the second stay here. the first time was for 12 days and this time I stayed there for 28 days. Any time I asked the front deck for anything ,they always did what ever they would to make me happy. When I checked out I asked for a 2:00 pm check out , no problem, no charge. I will be staying there again because they took good care of me and it`s a very good location .

Room Tip: All the rooms are large and have Wi-Fi but some corner rooms the Wi-Fi is weak.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

What can I say about this place? Best customer I have ever received. Let me tell you how professional and down to earth the staff are. We are now stuck here for two days extra because a volcano has erupted this week. However, they made the stay very enjoyable. From the friendly staff helping us let us use their computers to their free phone calling the states. They have also helped us in several ways trying to maybe get a different flights out of San jose. The hotel room are great. Big screen yes in all the rooms, clean and immaculate. I highly would also recommend the restaurant which has very good food as well. I would highly recommend their steak in some of kind sauce, the cordon blue was excellent as well. The waiters and waitresses are very polite and very attentive. Overall I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Also it does have a casino inside of this as well. Prices are just right for the rooms. The head manager was very friendly as well. Also I feel very secure that no bums or thiefs can get into the hotel. Security is very tight and lots of armed guards roaming the hotel, and they have cameras. I have stayed here twice before and have never had any problems at all. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Mona Lisa? Share your experiences!