“PLEASANT STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
PEOTONE
“PLEASANT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was my first stay at Hotel Mona Lisa. It was comfortable, clean, and safe. The staff was very accommodating and housekeeping was thorough and dependable. They would change the sheets daily if requested. this is definitely a place I would stay again. S. Wynn

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was the second stay here. the first time was for 12 days and this time I stayed there for 28 days. Any time I asked the front deck for anything ,they always did what ever they would to make me happy. When I checked out I asked for a 2:00 pm check out , no problem, no charge. I will be staying there again because they took good care of me and it`s a very good location .

Room Tip: All the rooms are large and have Wi-Fi but some corner rooms the Wi-Fi is weak.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What can I say about this place? Best customer I have ever received. Let me tell you how professional and down to earth the staff are. We are now stuck here for two days extra because a volcano has erupted this week. However, they made the stay very enjoyable. From the friendly staff helping us let us use their computers to their free phone calling the states. They have also helped us in several ways trying to maybe get a different flights out of San jose. The hotel room are great. Big screen yes in all the rooms, clean and immaculate. I highly would also recommend the restaurant which has very good food as well. I would highly recommend their steak in some of kind sauce, the cordon blue was excellent as well. The waiters and waitresses are very polite and very attentive. Overall I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Also it does have a casino inside of this as well. Prices are just right for the rooms. The head manager was very friendly as well. Also I feel very secure that no bums or thiefs can get into the hotel. Security is very tight and lots of armed guards roaming the hotel, and they have cameras. I have stayed here twice before and have never had any problems at all. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Farmingdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

On January of this year I stayed at the Mona lisa hotel and was scheduled to return to my on january 28. 2015. Do to a massive snow storm j f k airport was closed. During my time of stress hotel clerk Helen did an outstanding job to help me locate an airline office and reschedule a flight at a later time. I also would like to thank hotel clerks helmuch and Javier for their help and corporation during my stay at the hotel. Last but not lease I would like to thank gui grand for his friendship and cooperation during my stay. Thanks again guys looking forward to seeing you on my next trip. Jay Silverstein. Farming dale.ny

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel cost was reasonable considering guests are welcome. Not a bad place to stay. Go see Guy Grand the marketing director of the hotel he will give you the scope in the area and gives great advise. What a great guy!

Thanks, I had an incredible time. Looking forward to coming back. 'Dennis'

• Stayed March 2015
Inverness, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015

Discovered this place in Oct 2014 and stayed again Jan 2015. Beyond pleased is my review.
Great location 3 blocks from the crazy traffic and a great walk to everything good about San Jose.
I'll be back in May, save me a room...

• Stayed January 2015
Guy G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Mona Lisa, responded to this review, February 10, 2015
Glenn, So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Mona Lisa. We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thanks again for the very nice review.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

Since I love Barrio Amon, and they had my needs covered- parqueo, internet, climate control, relaxed atmosphere where I can come and go easily- I looked forward to the stay. I love the relatively tranquil area that's so close to downtown yet feels 10 miles away. It's a very welcoming feeling when you get here, always some folks around the bar and the front desk competent and bilingual. The rooms suit my needs perfectly but are probably getting a little old for some travelers. I upgraded to a deluxe mid-stay and the extra sitting area made a big difference to me.

Well trips in Costa Rica never go exactly as planned so when little problems came up I needed to ask a little help. Everyone at the front desk helped out with some solution when I needed it--from helping me get some clothes washed after a banana catastrophe or helping me to the nearest atm or the doormen helping me find the taxi driver who I owed money to the day before. Javier in particular helped me many times whether it was getting my safe open right away (thanks Guy) or helping me see and choose a room. He even helped me when I needed it to move a friends TV and secure it safely in the car. Always some resourceful solutions I wouldn't have thought of for problems I hadn't even considered would come up.

Hope all of your stays go smoothly. Enjoy

Room Tip: If noise is an issue ask the front desk to help you choose.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Jim, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. It makes us all here at the Hotel Mona Lisa very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. You are right the rooms need some new furniture and we are planning some remodeling very soon. Happy to hear you took advantage of our underground 24 hour free parking. I will let the staff know you were pleased with their service especially the reception desk employees. Hope to see you again in the future. Pura Vida, Guy

Been to Hotel Mona Lisa? Share your experiences!