We were put in a downstairs room in the courtyard. Funky doors which you couldn't actually lock with the key (it was like a turn-knob lock from the inside only). You could also hear Everything and everyone...and unluckily for us some friends of the caretakers(owners?) were staying next door. We came in from being out all day to find the group sitting in the courtyard (right outside our door), the table littered with bottles of liquor, glasses, and cigarettes. The smoke was going into our room!
I expected them to quiet down, but at 10pm (on a Tues) they were still at it, with no consciousness of others as they were talking and laughing loudly.
We asked to be moved, and so they moved us to an upstairs room, which was actually quiet. But...the room was dirty: I found an old piece of gum stuck to the headboard right above my head, and the floor had these (felt like sand) pieces of stuff on the floor, which actually looked like some bug was eating the furniture piece...
When I went to take a shower there was so little pressure that even after angling the nozzle as best I could, I had to stand flat against the wall so I could get some on my head.
B&B is a joke ~ this is the worst excuse for a breakfast I've ever encountered.
Day 1 - coffee, choice of fruit loops of corn flakes, whole milk, oj, white bread for toast, butter & jam, pineapple and papaya (which ran out)
Day 2 - coffee, milk, same cereals, bananas & pineapple, brown or white toast, butter & jam
the caretaker or owner, whoever it is, Also smokes and the smell is their when you eat breakfast and I even saw her smoking in the kitchen (!) yuck
although they were nice, there are much better places to stay in town for the price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taylor Inn es located in Historical Barrio Amón, downtown San José. Conveniently located within walking distance to museums, art galleries, fine restaurants and bus station to the caribbean and pacific coast. Built in 1908 by italian immigrant Adriano Arie Baseli and restored into a charming bed and breakfast by the Taylor family, Taylor Inn offers 10 rooms with private bath, ceiling fan, cable TV, free WiFi, telephone, radio alarm clock, and safety deposit box. Continental breakfast included in room rate. Taylor Inn is also a great location to enjoy the best one day tours in Costa Rica. The Braulio Carrillo National Park (Rain Forest), Poas and Irazú volcanoes, Doka Coffee Plantation, Orosi Valley, Lankester Orchid Garden, Old Capital City of Cartago, White Water Rafting on the Reventazón or Pacuare rivers, all great one day tours from Taylor Inn. Tortuguero National Park, Arenal Volcano and Pacific Island Cruise tours are also available as full day tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Taylor Inn B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taylor Hotel San Jose
- Taylor Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Taylor Inn B & B Costa Rica/San Jose