My stay at the guest house was ok. The first few nights I stayed, there was a middle aged male Costa Rican staff member who was running the place. He really goes above and beyond the call of duty. I thought he was the owner because he was so caring and attentive.
It has a nice homely feel and I met some really nice people who were also staying there.
The location is pretty central and close to the action and also local attractions.
Some of the drawbacks were the ants overrunning the place, especially in the kitchen. They advertise a fully equipped kitchen but its a bit of a joke. There is a fridge and microwave.
There is a hot-stove which doesn't work and a toaster which is locked away.
My room was extremely hot all the time and very noisy as it was close to the main road.
Its ok for a short stay but not for much longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1920, first Bed and Breakfast of the capital of Costa Rica, San Jose, it was once home and art gallery to a bevy of local and expatriate artists, including Otto Apuy, Diedre Hyde, and Guillermo Conte, as well as other poets, writers and filmmakers, a place where artists and authors gathered together in its past time. With its handcrafted classic wood frame structure of the entrance and the interior design like colonial style mosaic tile floor of early 19th century, you can see the traces of Costa Rican history and art trough the building. The hotel is located at downtown San Jose,a nice and safe neighborhood, surrounded by great variety of fine restaurants, main bus stations, grocery stores, 3-5 minutes walking distance. We are recommened by mayor travel guides, Lonely Planet,Frommers, Fordor, Moon Book, Let's go. If you are looking for budget and comfort stay, we are your great choice in downtown San Jose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Pension de la Cuesta B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel San Jose
- Pension De La Cuesta Bed And Breakfast
- Pension De La Cuesta B&B Costa Rica/San Jose