My stay at the guest house was ok. The first few nights I stayed, there was a middle aged male Costa Rican staff member who was running the place. He really goes above and beyond the call of duty. I thought he was the owner because he was so caring and attentive.
It has a nice homely feel and I met some really nice people who were also staying there.
The location is pretty central and close to the action and also local attractions.
Some of the drawbacks were the ants overrunning the place, especially in the kitchen. They advertise a fully equipped kitchen but its a bit of a joke. There is a fridge and microwave.
There is a hot-stove which doesn't work and a toaster which is locked away.
My room was extremely hot all the time and very noisy as it was close to the main road.
Its ok for a short stay but not for much longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de La Cuesta is a classic example of a tropical wood-frame hotel and has been painted an eye-catching pink with blue and white trim, and located at downtown San Jose, 2 blocks to the National Museum, and 3-5 minutes walking distance to a great variety of fine restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacy. We offer brand new Deluxe Room starting Sept 2011! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Pension de la Cuesta B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel San Jose
- Pension De La Cuesta Bed And Breakfast
- Pension De La Cuesta B&B Costa Rica/San Jose