I have been staying here for 20 years, The first time it was 1993, it was 6$ a night. While the price has gone up its still a good value. Centrally located, you have access to everything. The breakfast is ok, but it does the job. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The last time iwas ther I got in late, did not have a reservation, and they had no rooms. They stored my luggage for me thank God, as I just assumed they had room and was left there. I then had to walk and find another hotel that was not full, but ghetto fabulous, yukkk, I will not be reviewing that one. When I came back the next day to get mt luggage and catch my transfer to Puerto Viejo. I was shocked when they said it was free, no problem, and they were apologetic they did not have a room. I really love the staff at this place!! Rooms are clean, stuff is safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de La Cuesta is a classic example of a tropical wood-frame hotel and has been painted an eye-catching pink with blue and white trim, and located at downtown San Jose, 2 blocks to the National Museum, and 3-5 minutes walking distance to a great variety of fine restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacy. We offer brand new Deluxe Room starting Sept 2011! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Otel, Tingo, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your Pension de la Cuesta B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel San Jose
- Pension De La Cuesta Bed And Breakfast
- Pension De La Cuesta B&B Costa Rica/San Jose