Pension de la cuesta is at a very nice location in san jose. it is quiet (except from in the early morning where big trucks drive pass the hostel!?! but this seems to be unavoidable throughout Costa Rica) and safe, and there is a short walk to the main street where all the shops are. the breakfast is not impressive, but it's there and you can eat it. what impressed me mostly about this hostel, is this: I accidentally forgot my trekking boots under the bed, when leaving for Tortuguero n.p. Luckily, we had booked one night at Pension de la cuesta for when we got back from Tortuguero. So i asked if they had found my shoes or if anybody had been staying in the room any of the too nights since we left. nobody had been staying in the room... so the host called the cleaning lady and she had found my boots! and she gave 'em back to me and I am sooo grateful!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de La Cuesta is a classic example of a tropical wood-frame hotel and has been painted an eye-catching pink with blue and white trim, and located at downtown San Jose, 2 blocks to the National Museum, and 3-5 minutes walking distance to a great variety of fine restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacy. We offer brand new Deluxe Room starting Sept 2011! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your Pension de la Cuesta B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension De La Cuesta Bed And Breakfast
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel San Jose
- Pension De La Cuesta B&B Costa Rica/San Jose