Cheap, central place that has its flaws... Old beds, old pillow, old musty couches, old sheets... I got a strong allergic reaction for the whole stay. We got the appartment and it was worst than the simple rooms. The kitchen in the appartment has nothing to cook with, no fridge, no soap, no cloths...
Yes, Alvaro is very friendly, but it's not enough for me.This place is very cheap and the staff are super-friendly. The place really needs TLC... not for the faint of heart...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1920, first Bed and Breakfast of the capital of Costa Rica, San Jose, it was once home and art gallery to a bevy of local and expatriate artists, including Otto Apuy, Diedre Hyde, and Guillermo Conte, as well as other poets, writers and filmmakers, a place where artists and authors gathered together in its past time. With its handcrafted classic wood frame structure of the entrance and the interior design like colonial style mosaic tile floor of early 19th century, you can see the traces of Costa Rican history and art trough the building. The hotel is located at downtown San Jose,a nice and safe neighborhood, surrounded by great variety of fine restaurants, main bus stations, grocery stores, 3-5 minutes walking distance. We are recommened by mayor travel guides, Lonely Planet,Frommers, Fordor, Moon Book, Let's go. If you are looking for budget and comfort stay, we are your great choice in downtown San Jose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pension de la Cuesta B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension De La Cuesta Bed And Breakfast
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel San Jose
- Pension De La Cuesta B&B Costa Rica/San Jose