I recently stayed here for a while, and the place is a great value. It is easily within walking distance to the nice pedestrian shopping sections by the theatre, as well as several different bus lines, a few nice parks, and around the corner from Don Wong's, the best chinese food I've had in Central America (although the food is a bit expensive). The staff are really nice, friendly and helpful, with maybe one exception, but you can't be perfect right? The rooms aren't high class, but they are comfortable and clean, and the common areas and kitchen are kept clean as well. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for cheap, centrally-located accommodations.
- Also Known As:
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel
- Pension De La Cuesta Bed And Breakfast
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel San Jose
- Pension De La Cuesta B&B Costa Rica/San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de La Cuesta is a classic example of a tropical wood-frame hotel and has been painted an eye-catching pink with blue and white trim, and located at downtown San Jose, 2 blocks to the National Museum, and 3-5 minutes walking distance to a great variety of fine restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacy. We offer brand new Deluxe Room starting Sept 2011! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia, HostelBookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Pension de la Cuesta B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.