We stayed for three nights in late September 2013 and do not have anything negative to report. The room was nice … one double plus a twin bed, adequate tiled bath, and creature comforts like HDTV and in-room wi-fi. Breakfast (included in the room cost) was a treat … three or four kinds of fresh fruit, yogurt, as many as six fresh juices, gallo pinto, scrambled eggs, pancakes, plus hot coffee and water for tea. Breads and a toaster as well as specialty breads (I had a sweet rectangle of something one morning). If you wanted an omelette or fried eggs, staff were ready to prepare that to your request.
We did not have a car until the day we left, but the hotel has space behind its gated interior courtyard parking area for perhaps six vehicles. We did not swim, either, but the pool looked clean and well-maintained. The interior courtyard is very attractive.
Staff were extremely helpful in providing directions and advice on nearby restaurants. The Apartotel is within 200 meters of Parque La Sabana and close to the Museo de Arte Costarricense. Convenient to the eastern side of Paseo Colon.
I would give the hotel 4.5 stars if that were possible ... I'm a tough grader, and although it's close, to me certain items like its location prevent Apartotel La Sabana from earning a "5" overall. That said, excellent value for money, and would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartotel La Sabana is the perfect mix between an apartment and a hotel.Our fully serviced apartments are the ideal lodging with the comfort of home yet with all the benefits of a hotel, such as room service, front desk services, private parking, laundry, safe deposit box, breakfast and more.We have very competitive rates, specially for long-stay trips either for a single corporate business traveler, for family groups or groups of friends.Enjoy all the privacy that you need with great independence in a friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Apartotel La Sabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartotel La Sabana Hotel San Jose
- Apartotel La Sabana San Jose
- Apartotel La Sabana Costa Rica/San Jose