This place comes with high praise by Lonely Planet, and for good reason. Super clean rooms (I was solo in a twin room, $40USD), with private bath and BF included. Wonderful common areas and huge kitchen for self-catering. Great staff. Wi-fi is haphazard, like in much of CR - sometimes on, sometimes off, varying speeds. I had a vehicle and they accommodated (for free) in a secure area, an unexpected bonus. Not a great option for families with small kids, due to the lack of sound insulation (our kids would be too loud for this place). However, a couple or solo - perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic Costa Rican family will host and meet your needs providing accommodation, travel agency & personalized services (Spanish lessons, Waxing/Massages, Post Surgery Care & meals). A clean, safe, colorful & comfortable setting w/kitchens, 1st class beds, safety boxes, cable TV, hot water. Complimentary: breakfast, tea, coffee, WiFi, internet access, luggage storage & VOIP calls to @60 countries. Walk to: downtown, Gold, Jade & National Museums, National Theater, Plaza de la Cultura, Bolivar Zoo & Central Market. No sexual tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Kaps Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kap`s Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place San Jose
- Kaps Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place Costa Rica/San Jose