Karolina the owner if she likes you/ you'll get a better rate. She may appear to be very nice and helpful.
Kaps doesn't look like much from the outside.
When I entered and waited for a clerk to attend the front desk I was overwhelmed with the smell of incense. The rooms are very small and cramped. Not well kept.
Fun and friendly people stay there. But its way overpriced for what you can get elsewhere.
There is a much better hotel across the street. Cleaner nicer staff and rooms. Its called the Hotel Arnajuez and has a fantastic 5 star breakfast banquet that is included with your stay.
Karolina the owner was nice enough to launder my clothes since I had only the clothes I wore. Id planned to be only a couple of days at the most.
Laundary can be done, but only during the day for a hefty cost $20. Yikes! They were kind enough to make an exception in my situation - they could sense my desperateness.
The laundry/ grocery bag incident, She said I could have large reusable grocery bag they use for Laundary - I said that would be great, how much? She said no, that's ok you keep it.
But when I stayed at the hotel across the street. And return to Kaps with a friend, the desk clerk told my friend I stoled it. Thats just Wrong! I explained to him that she gave it to me. He called Karolina and she said ok for $10 bucks for the large grocery bag being used for laundry. I told the clerk I'd pay when I got back. When I returned Karolina was at the desk and i reminded her Id pay for the bag- Not wanting to argue about it. I didn't have the exact change, so I gave her 20,000 colones ($40) she gives me a $20 back in change. Saying thats all she had - So this bag she originally GAVE me out of the kindness of her heart, then gives me a bad rep with a friend/ hotel guest. Not cool. So it ends up costing me another $20 on top of a $20 load of laundry. Hmm that left a bad empression with me.
Taking advantage of her customers and then wrongly talking badly about them with other guests behind their back is a unacceptable.
I guess we chalk it up to a "Live and learn" experience. There are plenty of more honest/ cheaper places to stay that give much more in return. I won't be back. To Kraps...
- Also Known As:
- Kap`s Place Hotel
- Kap`s Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place San Jose
- Kaps Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place Costa Rica/San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic Costa Rican family will host and meet your needs providing accommodation, travel agency & personalized services (Spanish lessons, Waxing/Massages, Post Surgery Care & meals). A clean, safe, colorful & comfortable setting w/kitchens, 1st class beds, safety boxes, cable TV, hot water. Complimentary: breakfast, tea, coffee, WiFi, internet access, luggage storage & VOIP calls to @60 countries. Walk to: downtown, Gold, Jade & National Museums, National Theater, Plaza de la Cultura, Bolivar Zoo & Central Market. No sexual tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and Otel so you can book your Kaps Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.