I am not a backpacker and this place is noted in Lonely Planet as 'mid range'. I wouldn't say that. It is (good) backpacker style accomodation and reasonably priced. That said, I liked it. Most of all, the front desk is very, very helpful (thank you Dorothy and Carolina for all of your help).
I was in chalet 4. It is small and has a shared bathroom. I felt like I was transported in some LSD trip to Switzerland, but a hispanic, and slightly warmer one.
It's all about sharing kitchens, spaces and conversations at Kap's place. Lots of internet access and a decent little breakfast.
Try the great vegetarian restaurant at the end of the street and Isabel's ust up the road too - nice little sodas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic Costa Rican family will host and meet your needs providing accommodation, travel agency & personalized services (Spanish lessons, Waxing/Massages, Post Surgery Care & meals). A clean, safe, colorful & comfortable setting w/kitchens, 1st class beds, safety boxes, cable TV, hot water. Complimentary: breakfast, tea, coffee, WiFi, internet access, luggage storage & VOIP calls to @60 countries. Walk to: downtown, Gold, Jade & National Museums, National Theater, Plaza de la Cultura, Bolivar Zoo & Central Market. No sexual tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Kaps Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kap`s Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place San Jose
- Kaps Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place Costa Rica/San Jose