We had a great stay here for far too short a time on our honeymoon, though it was packed with great memories!
Karolina is AMAZING! She was very quick in email response and extremely accommodating. The place is beautiful, and the pictures don't do it justice at all; nor does the front entrance, though once you walk in the front door and walk down the long corridor to reception, you enter the sanctuary-like Kap's Place. There are so many comfortable nooks and crannies in this place, you could easily stay for a week and not find all the best places to sit and relax. The variety of rooms and spaces allows for travelers of all types and budgets--very private to very public. We had a big tour and all the rooms seemed nice.
We got there on New Years Eve and were blessed with a wonderful family dinner prepared by Karolina and her extended family. The few long-term guests were all treated as a part of that family, and we were surprised to be welcomed as a part of it too. The spread was incredible and the party excellent. All the guests we hung out with were the type of easy-going, friendly travellers like ourselves, and we were very happy to hang out with everyone. Though not all the guests were at the party and it wasn't a big deal--like I said, there are enough places to hang out there aside from your room to have your own space, even when a party is going on.
We watched fireworks from the balcony where there's a stunning panoramic view of the city. A great place to hang out on any day, but on this particular one, fireworks lit up the night.
I won't suggest that you'll get a family party every night, but the atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. And hopefully our experience gives a sense of the type of person Karolina (CEO) is and how she manages the property and treats her guests. This place is her baby and her guests are an extension of that.
When we go back to Costa Rica, we'll definitely make time to stay here, and hopefully for a longer stay. It'll be a great jump-off for exploring San Jose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic Costa Rican family will host and meet your needs providing accommodation, travel agency & personalized services (Spanish lessons, Waxing/Massages, Post Surgery Care & meals). A clean, safe, colorful & comfortable setting w/kitchens, 1st class beds, safety boxes, cable TV, hot water. Complimentary: breakfast, tea, coffee, WiFi, internet access, luggage storage & VOIP calls to @60 countries. Walk to: downtown, Gold, Jade & National Museums, National Theater, Plaza de la Cultura, Bolivar Zoo & Central Market. No sexual tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Kaps Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kap`s Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place San Jose
- Kaps Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place Costa Rica/San Jose