I have traveled the world on business and pleasure for 45 years. A recent month and a half stay at KAP’S PLACE in Barrio Aranjuez, San Jose, Costa Rica proved a finer a stay than experienced in much more expensive hotels and pensions. The location of KAP’S is very convenient to downtown. The neighborhood is clean and safe. You will be politely greeted by almost everyone you pass on the street with a sincere, “Buenos Dias!” You will be convenient to places to eat, grocery stores, bars and even WalMart. Taxis and buses are convenient and reasonably priced.
Do not allow the rather plain entrance of KAP’S to mislead you. Owner, Karolina Bermúdez, will provide the warmest, most helpful greeting by staff and management you will ever experience anywhere in the world. Inside is a Zen experience of tranquility and peace. Staff and management will provide encyclopedic knowledge of tours, services and the country in general.
Uniquely individualistic rooms and all areas of KAP’S are squeaky clean. The kitchen, shared with other guests, is well equipped and a wonderful place to get to know your fellow travelers. Fresh coffee and an excellent selection of teas are available 24 hours. Breakfast is at 7 AM.
Very interesting people stay at KAP’S. I met a retired Spanish engineer, whose hobby is drilling water wells for impoverished African villages, several people taking advantage of Costa Rica’s excellent and less expensive medical and dental facilities, a British linguistics PhD studying indigenous languages supplanted by Spanish and English, an American journalist, an English doctor, a Swiss citizen in country to climb local volcanoes, various nationalities in San Jose for a bicycle tour to Honduras and Americans exploring the possibilities of Costa Rican residency.
No matter your purpose, for being in Costa Rica, you are sure to enjoy your stay at KAP’s.
Lake Dallas, Texas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic Costa Rican family will host and meet your needs providing accommodation, travel agency & personalized services (Spanish lessons, Waxing/Massages, Post Surgery Care & meals). A clean, safe, colorful & comfortable setting w/kitchens, 1st class beds, safety boxes, cable TV, hot water. Complimentary: breakfast, tea, coffee, WiFi, internet access, luggage storage & VOIP calls to @60 countries. Walk to: downtown, Gold, Jade & National Museums, National Theater, Plaza de la Cultura, Bolivar Zoo & Central Market. No sexual tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Kaps Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kap`s Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place San Jose
- Kaps Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place Costa Rica/San Jose