“Only Place To Stay In San Jose” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dunn Inn

You added Hotel Dunn Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Dunn Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 5, Avenida 11 | Historical Barrio Amon, San Jose 1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in San Jose
Columbia, South Carolina
“Only Place To Stay In San Jose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Cozy, good amenities and gives that down home feeling. Entire staff is accomodating, friendly and willing to help at any time of day or night. A special shout out for Seilyn who endured my calls to have hotel taxi at airport because of flight delays and assisted me with translations throughout stay. Room I had was smaller than I prefer and no Air but was not too warm and size not a problem. Next trip, I will reserve earlier so to get room of choice. Restaurant, bar, room, great staff ... made trip great. David B

Room Tip: Make reservations early - Dunn Inn is popular and desired Hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Dunn Inn for the first night of our stay and again a few days late, while traveling in Costa Rica. We rented the Executive King Suite, which was very nice, but it sat directly above the bar and was noisy. It was a Monday night and they were blasting music and no one was in the bar. We called the front desk and they turned it down a little. After traveling all day, we wanted a quiet suite to adjust to the time change. I thought the placement of the nicest room was odd, since it was so loud (until midnight). Our second night at the Dunn Inn, we stayed in the junior king suite, which was quiet & excellent, a better value in my opinion. I would stay here again. I felt secure, the staff was friendly and the inhouse restaurant & bar was decent enough. Free computer access was handy. I recommend this hotel to any traveler doing a layover in San Jose.

• Stayed June 2013
Tualatin, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had an exceptional stay there from May 17-26 while on vacation. Good location (very safe) staff was very pleasant and professional. They just underwent a management turn-over, and i was able to witness the change of the guard per say. What impressed me about the ceremony was the loyalty and admiration shown by the off duty & oncoming staff who swung by to say their goodbyes. Clearly they were treated very well, to me it translates to a happier work environment and good customer service.
During my stay, i was able to get help from a taxi driver by the name of Alex Palma. Alex speaks fluent english and has spent numerous years living in the states. He does independant, professional tours around San Jose and outlying areas. A very striking quality about him is that he relies mostly on his professional reputation and word of mouth. Because of this, he aggressively works to get the best possible quote on any given tour. He will be my go to concierge the next time i'm down there. You can find out yourself, his email is: palmaelgallocr@gmail.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Comfortable clean rooms at great rates. The location is great too. But more than anything what will keep me coming back is the great staff. Everyone was very friendly and went well beyond my expectations in their efforts to make my stay as comfortable as can be. I would not even consider staying anywhere else. Dunn Inn is where I stay when I am in San Jose.

• Stayed May 2013
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at the Dunn in a few months ago and had a great experience. Sometimes you'll try something out for a second time and be let down. Well, that's not what happens at the Dunn Inn. Really my second stay was just as good as my first, if not better.

If you want to feel comfortable on your trip, I'm not sure why you would stay anywhere else. It's just such a cozy place with great service. That's one of the keys for me. You can have a nice place, but if the service is no good, then to me the place is no good. The Dunn is exceeds all your expectations... and mine are pretty high.

This trip I stayed in one of their suites. It seemed fairly new and was perfect for me. Did I need a suite? Probably not, but I've seen some other "suites" in town and they were nothing like this one. This truly had a ton of space.

Also, on this trip, being from South Florida, I was able to watch the Miami Heat playoff game in comfort at their sports bar. It was great.

Looking forward to making another trip soon and, of course, I'm staying at the Dunn Inn.

Room Tip: The suite had a nice king size bed and a lot of space. Nice bathroom with shower, too.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

After 3 visits at the hotel I feel like I am coming home when I arrive. The food is exellent, the room nice,
The service is very good, the whole staff treat me like I am a old friend.
I have been to several hotells in Costa Rica and this is the one I return to whenever I am in San Jose.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's a nice little place with a friendly staff. On the cleaner side and conveniently located. The food in the restaurant was terrible but that shouldn't alter your hotel of choice. (There is a great place 1 block away called Kalu Cafe.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
travelman321, Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us once again, the best compliment our staff receives is repeat visitors.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose
Hotel Casa Cambranes
Hotel Casa Cambranes
#3 of 86 in San Jose
4.5 of 5 stars 47 reviews

Been to Hotel Dunn Inn? Share your experiences!