“Wonderful place to relax near the city center” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dunn Inn

You added Hotel Dunn Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Dunn Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 5, Avenida 11 | Historical Barrio Amon, San Jose 1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in San Jose
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida
“Wonderful place to relax near the city center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I spent seven days at the Dunn Inn in a junior suite and had a great time. I have been coming to Costa Rica with freinds for sixteen years and this has been one of the best hotel experiences. The room had a king size bed with dark hardwood decor. Although the room had an air conditioner it took me a couple of days to realize i really didn't need it as the temperature was between 62 and 80 degrees f. The service was excellent and the staff was superb. John, the hotel manager made himself available to us the first day and pretty much gave us the VIP treatment. The breakfast was OK but the lunch, dinner and appetizers were pretty darn good. The hotel was for me, always quiet and relaxing. The hotel is probably an old coffee barrons home that was converted to a hotel. It is located near the middle of town and fairly safe to stroll around in the day but i would recommend a taxi after dark. As in any large urban area you could easily wander into trouble if you are not familiar with the area and there are always people lurking waiting to take advantage of lost and bewildered tourist. Over all a great experince that i would recommend to anyone looking for a nice hotel in San Jose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went to Costa Rica for the first time with two other friends of mine. We very much enjoy the country and the hotel that we stayed. The hotel had very good accommodations and services. I highly recommend it to other tourists.
Reza

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My partner & I chose to stay at the D.I. Upon our arrival to CR only bc after a long day of travel we thought it best not b searching for a hotel in the dark...our room- the corner room on the ground floor was noisy- traffic & chattering front desk adjacent to room...Ricks cafe adj. to hotel was nice enough and the food and drink quite good but the bar seemed to be a rendezvous point for lonely old men and young "available" Costa Rican women...a little odd.. In short an ok place to crash if ur options r minimal... Would not b excited bout having to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Superior room was nice and roomy..food average.., location convenient for the artist craft market .. However sat nights must be a popular night for the shady characters of the night.. Maybe its the fact it's linked to a sports bar( nice one I may add) within the hotel.. To me San Jose was a pit stop so I'm not complaining.. Some of the clientele that walked in was pretty comical.. It made for some good entertainment! Overall it was a decent stay for a night but glad I'm not staying in the area for a longer period of time...

• Stayed January 2013
Wiesbaden, Hessen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The first night in San Jose Dunn Inn hotel was recommended by me from a friend who visited previously. The Dunn Inn Hotel was a GREAT choice for me to stay in before I started my vacation around Costa Rica. The airport shuttle pick me up at the airport, at a reasonable price. When I arrived at the Hotel, the Security Guard that was on duty, helped me with my luggage. The girl working at the front desk gave me a real warm welcome and a very fast check in. I had lunch at the Tropix. The server was very friendly and kind. I was surprised about the great service and food that they had to offer there. I was so impressed about the Dunn Inn on my first stay there, that I cancelled my reservation from a different hotel and spent the last night of my vacation at the Dunn Inn again. The staff recognized me and asked me about my trip. I would highly recommend the Dunn Inn Hotel to any one who is looking for a home away from home. When I come back the Dunn Inn Hotel is where I will stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I recently visited San Jose and stayed in Dunn Inn. I had chosen that hotel for its price and certainly wasn't disappointed! My room was way better than I expected, even if it was a little warm. I contacted front desk staff and they fixed the problem in a heart beat! I was very pleased that the hotel offered to arrange car rental for me. Dining experience at Tropix Bar was phenomenal too. ALL THE STAFF was very sweet and pleasant and did above and beyond to make my stay comfortable! Hoping to be back this coming summer!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ketchikan, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I spend 3 nights in San Jose in Jan 2013. I had never been to Costa Rica before, but my co-worker and her husband spent their honeymoon over there a few month ago and highly recommended me to stay in Dunn Inn. As expected, my stay was very charming and welcoming! My room was very well maintained, and the hotel in general was very clean and tidy from top to bottom. The property was gorgeous and all of the stuff was very friendly and personable! The hotel does a great job reflecting local hospitality of this beautiful country! I was very happy with my choice!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Dunn Inn? Share your experiences!