“Medical Tourism” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apartotel Suites Cristina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Jose
Apartotel Suites Cristina
You added Apartotel Suites Cristina to your Saves list
300 Norte del Ice | Sabana Norte, San Jose 2050, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in San Jose
north carolina
“Medical Tourism”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was one of the several places that we have stayed while having dental work done in San Jose, Costa Rica. Friends had recommended it and it was quite nice. The location is near La Sabana Park although it is a long walk to Drs. Cavallini Dental office it was good exercise. The hotel is clean, the breakfasts are very good, the pool and courtyard are relaxing the staff was easy to work with. They helped get some meds for us as we got sick on the last day there and had to fly out that morning. I would definitely recommend to anyone needing a kitchenette type apt for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I recently had a lot of dental work done at Prisma Dental. Since part of my treatment involved oral surgery on both sides of my mouth, plus 4 implants, it was important to me to eat meals in my room and not go out to local restaurants. I also wanted to be able to shop at a local supermarket and prepare my own meals in a kitchenette area. After doing much research and considering all the options, I selected Suites Cristina for the week that I spent in Costa Rica… and I’m glad that I did. The room that I selected was an Executive Suite, since I wanted a bit more room and I wanted to ensure that I had Wi-Fi in my room. The rooms and furnishings were as described on their web site; not ultra-modern, but quite adequate, comfortable and clean. There were a few minor maintenance issues, but I believe that those have since been resolved. I particularly enjoyed breakfast around the pool area. While the selections were not extensive, they were substantial and tasty. Personally, I most enjoyed the coffee, fresh fruits, gallo pinto, eggs, and tropical preserves on toast. The staff was friendly and helpful, and most speak excellent English. As for supermarkets, there’s a Mas X Menos about a 15 minute walk to the east, and an Automercado, with better selection, about a 30 minute walk to the west. In summary, Suites Cristina is a great place to stay, particularly if you have medical recovery or business needs.

While there, I took the opportunity to visit two other competitive B&B and Apartotels in the area. Neither offered the value or quality that Suites Cristina offered. So, when I return to CR in 7 months for additional dental work, there’s no question where I’ll be staying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Second time I staid here, this time for nine nights together with my wife and our little dog, since we are moving to SJO and still waiting for our house to be ready.... The whole staff at the reception, the kitchen, cleaning and repairing etc. are simply wonderfully friendly folks. The apartment had two bedrooms, a kitchen cum dining room cum living room and one bath room. Everything nice and clean and well equipped. Just like you'd wnat and expect it to be.
The location close to the La Sabana Park is superperfect for the-dog-walkers.
They offer secure parking for your rental car.
There's free coffee all day long at the tiny little shop on the groundfloor.
The breakfast is tica-like and very tasty, great fruits and yoghurts too.
Ty to get an apartment not too close to the pool-and-breakfast area, because you might feel like sharing your room with all the other guests. Our recommendation: the 232!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel provides excellent service and caters to your needs. It is a great location next to downtown, and other areas for medical tourism or for business needs. The hotel serves a good breakfast, the place is clean and has everything you need to cook your own meals and to relax in your apartment. I highly recommend this hotel for a business stay or for a medical stay over. The place is quiet and relaxed away from all the hustle and bustle of the city, yet it is very close to everything you need to accomplish in the city. Their restaurant is EXCELLENT by the way! The Italian food is different...but it is good!

Room Tip: Try and choose rooms on the 5th floor where it is much quieter and away from the pool and breakfast...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My friend in Alberta spent several days at the Cristina in 2011 and recommended it to me when I made the journey in July to have dental surgery. We had 10 fabulous days - Sylvie the receptionist told us to choose the tours we wished to go on and she would do the rest. Right down to a calendar with the tours, pickup times, prices and receipts. The friendliness of the staff and their willingness to help with anything and everything put this place at the top of my WOW LIST. Complimentary coffee was always available - I filled our teapot up every chance I got when we weren't on a tour and brought it back to our room. The coffee was delicious and led us on a trip to the Boka plantation and 10 bags of coffee that we brought home to Cornwall, Ontario. A breakfast buffet was included in the price and speaking as a caterer, I wasn't disappointed, I was inspired! I can't wait to go back! Judy & Hannah Stewart

Room Tip: I just requested 2 bedrooms - the staff took care of the rest and my daughter and I were thrilled wi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Although I expected a 2 room suite at Apartotel Suites Cristina, I had no idea that meant 2 bedrooms, a complete kitchen, living room, full bath, and 3 TVs with lots of channels. What a pleasant surprise!

This hotel is very well located very near the ICE building (a good landmark to help you find the hotel) across from the Metropolitan Sabana Park in San Jose. If you follow the directions carefully, it is easy to drive there to and from the airport, and they have plenty of free parking.

Even though there's a kitchen, they serve a generous and complimentary buffet breakfast near the pool.

We were only looking for a place to stay in San Jose on our last night in Costa Rica, but if you need a comfortable place for an extended stay in the capital, this place would be great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CristinaCostaRica, Owner at Apartotel Suites Cristina, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thanks for your comments, we are already improving our web page to inform customers about our utilities and services as, for example, free internet and breakfast.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have been to San Jose Costa Rica 6 times from September 2010 to July 2013 and have always stayed at the Suites Cristina
Of course there must be a good reason why I stayed at the same place so many times.
The location is great, the apartments are large, has a equipped kitchen, living room, bedroom, and a bath room. It is very clean, and comfortable. The staffs are very friendly and speak English and Spanish, the breakfast buffet is very tasty and gives you enough food to keep you going till supper time.
The pool is a nice size and clean, and all the common areas are very clean
There are a lot of good restaurants near buy and it is a short cab ride to downtown and other areas.
I would rate this accommodation a true 5 star and a very good value
Robert Baker

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Our returning customers are the most valuable for us, their comments, critics and observations help us to improve in a sincere, friendly and concrete way.

Been to Apartotel Suites Cristina? Share your experiences!