This place is ok to stay at if you want to use the sport facilities that are really nice (tennis, squash,gym, swimming pool, basketball....) and free of charge for guests. However, the rooms are very run down. The old, stained carpet smells bad because of age and the constant humidity, the neon light in the room buzzes, the furniture is old... On the plus side, there is good air conditioning, a good mattress and the rooms and sheets are kept clean.
However, my biggest complaint is that there are many smoking rooms that just reek of old smoke. I asked to change rooms but only other smoking rooms were available. When I told the reception guy that I found that very odd for a sport hotel, he said "Oh, people are not supposed to smoke in the rooms, they might do it occasionally, though." There was a big cigarette sign at the door and an ashtray just next to the bed, so that response was very weird!!! Other than that, the staff was generally very nice and helpful.
So all in all it's a pretty mixed bag. For business trips, sightseeing trips etc. I would definitely recommend another hotel because of the poor standard of the rooms. However, 70 bucks a night for two including breakfast and internet is a pretty good price, so if you use the free sport facilities it might just outweigh the low quality of the room.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Tennis Club Hotel
- Costa Rica Tennis Club Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Tennis Club And Hotel
- Costa Rica Tennis Club & Hotel San Jose
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel and BookIt.com so you can book your Costa Rica Tennis Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.