“Enriching experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sabana B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose
Hotel Sabana B&B
You added Hotel Sabana B&B to your Saves list
Sabana Norte, San Jose, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #21 of 63 San Jose B&B and Inns
Heredia, Costa Rica
“Enriching experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I want to thank the staff of Hotel Sabana B & B for letting me do my internship with you. It has been an incredible and very helpful experience to me! Thanks for opening your doors to me and being so special! I encourage everyone to visit the hotel Sabana b&b. The staff will make you feel like part of the family!

Quiero agradecer al personal del Hotel Sabana b&b por permitirme realizar mi pasantía con ustedes. Ha sido una experiencia increible y muy provechosa para mi! Gracias por abrirme sus puertas y ser tan especiales conmigo! Les recomiendo a todos que visiten el hotel Sabana b&b. El staff te hara sentir como parte de la familia!

Room Tip: A truly Costa Rican experience!!
Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
joscuahe, Manager at Hotel Sabana B&B, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Carolina, thank you for your review! We believe tourism is not only a cozy room! We believe we as a company have a purpose, to protect nature, to protect our Costa Rican culture and to protect our wildlife and national parks! We also believe in Young students like you that will continue with our effort to reduce Global Warming and Pollution. Thank you for being part of our effort!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a rather large group and they handled us handsomely! It is a great location close to many restaurants or alternative transportation. It is family owned and run, the mother cooks the breakfast every morning for each person, and eating on the terrace is beautiful. This is a great place to stay in San Jose, CR! :0)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The owners were genuine in their desire to provide a quality stay. The location was good for us because it is not a far taxi ride from the bus station and we needed a day to relax. The neighborhood is quiet and near the Sabana Park. Our hosts helped direct us to good restaurants in the area and sights around San Jose. We went to the El Dorado our first night, at their recommendation. It's a Chinese restaurant and we only went there because it was so close, but it turned out to be the best Chinese food I have ever had. The breakfasts were lovely! I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sarapiquí, Heredia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My large group and myself including 11 people in all had an excellent stay. We ran into no problems, and when we left I kept hearing my friends talk about how friendly the staff was. I have no complaints. Everything was really nice in a good location. And the breakfest on the balcony while the sunrises was just beautiful. A great experience

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I wanted to stay with a Costa Rican family rather than in an anonymous international hotel, and the Hotel Sabana B&B turned out to be perfect. The managers José and his parents Gina and Ignacio are so much fun, and they know so much about Costa Rica. All their advice and bookings about where to go and stay in the country were so well-judged. They listen to what you would like, and have the ability to match the destination and the experience to your personality.
The B&B is very handily located for the airport, there is a choice of cafes and restaurants nearly in this safe neighbourhood, and you have the big Parque Sabana just 3 minutes away for jogging, exercise, or just walking. You can walk safely to downtown San José in 45 minutes, or it's just a 15-minute taxi ride.
This was my first trip to the beautiful and fascinating country of Costa Rica - they have no army, they abolished it in the late forties! - and it was part business and part travelling. If I return to Costa Rica, I would always make the Sabana my base, and will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have had the good fortune of staying at Hotel Sabana B&B during multiple business trips to the region starting in 2010. I would not trade this experience for that of a typical business style hotel because the amenities and comfort level are very similar. With Ignacio, Gina and their son Jose providing recommendations of local restaurants and being able to safely walk through the neighborhoods, it helps take the edge off what are typically difficult business trips. Speaking with the locals in the Sabana area is always interesting and some English is spoken. The location is excellent, being close to the airport and has very easy access to the main roads and highways used to navigate to the business zones. I am certain to be back on my next visit later this year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cayucos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Ig and Gina are delightful, accommodating hosts. Their son Jose speaks excellent English. Gina loves to practice her English and was patient with me with my Spanish. I stayed there twice; both times the rooms were very clean and neat. Interesting shower but it works well. Gina takes pride in providing a "true Costa Rican" breakfast (excellent), which she cooks downstairs and then Ig hauls it in a bucket to the second story and serves it outdoors on the deck. A fun experience! I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: I liked #4 the best as it's larger and has a very nice attached bathroom. Good natural light.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family