“Safe haven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sabana B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose
Hotel Sabana B&B
You added Hotel Sabana B&B to your Saves list
Sabana Norte, San Jose, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #17 of 55 San Jose B&B and Inns
Haddam, Connecticut, United States
“Safe haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have stayed here twice now with travel groups and both times we were treated like family; every need was taken care of and when we brought four more guests than the hotel could handle, they seamlessly added a room at another hotel nearby. I love coming here as my groups always fall in love with the family; we don't feel like tourists, we feel at home. We also highly value the family's passionate commitment to eco-friendly practices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Came to Costa Rica in a business trip. I am so pleased to say that my stay here at Sabana B&B surpassed any other high end hotels or even resorts. I know... it sounds like a commercial... but it in my opinion you can't beat receiving personal attention and kindness.
Next time I am down here in Costa Rica this is the place where I will stay, and as a matter of fact, I can't wait to go to some of the places Jose (the manager) offered and so nicely took his time to explain.
So as I said in my tittle.... it was a complete delight to stay here. I recommend it no matter what type of trip you take..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Sabana B&B for several weeks on two separate business trips to San Jose.

The family welcomed me and I felt very comfortable in this lovely Costa Rican neighborhood. Beautiful Sabana Norte Park is within walking distance. There are also several good restaurants in the neighborhood. Downtown San Jose is just a short cab ride. Many Costa Rica attractions can be visited as day trips from here.

Gina is a talented cook and prepared a healthy breakfast for me every day and dinner when I asked. She arranged for my laundry to be cleaned when needed. The wireless internet was convenient. In short, I enjoyed the privacy and home style atmosphere.

I would recommend Sabana B&B as very friendly, accommodating and a wonderful location in San Jose.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We spent one night in San Jose and wanted a place that was easy to get to and in an area where we could walk around at night and the next morning. Hotel Sabana was perfect on all fronts. Jose and his family were extremely welcoming and provided us with great information about the neighborhood, as well as the rest of the country. The room was clean and comfortable. The terrace for breakfast was lovely. We enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I loved staying here. My fiance's family lives nearby and this was the perfect location for me to be in walking distance. Breakfast was fantastic and Ig and his family were great hosts! I would stay here again in a heartbeat and will recommend it when the rest of my family comes down later this year.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Jose at Hotel Sabana B&B helped us plan our vacation - they found a better deal for us for the hotel in Arenal & Guanacaste and also for the rent a car. They made all the reservations for us and everything was perfect!
They were so nice - and we appreciate all the help!
The hotel has a great location - right outside San Jose and breakfast was delish!!
Jose: you rock man!
Thank you so much!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Our large group of 15 stayed comfortably in 6 spacious rooms at this family-run B&B. We were welcomed with professionalism by Jose, and treated like important family guests. We enjoyed the relaxing and beautiful rooftop garden terrace for meals and social time, and the internet access was welcomed. Our hosts took time to staff the desk and to be present for our every need. The place was sparkling clean, comfortable, and well appointed. We walked to a nearby classy restaurant in the evening, and felt safe in the neighbourhood. Muchos gracias Jose and parents!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Sabana B&B? Share your experiences!