“Excellent for business or vacation travel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boutique Hotel Jade

Save Saved
You added Boutique Hotel Jade to your Saves list
Boutique Hotel Jade
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Pedro, 300 Norte Grupo Q, Los Yoses | San Pedro, San Jose 2050, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #15 of 85 hotels in San Jose
Shawnee
“Excellent for business or vacation travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying here twice and have found it to be a charming property with a staff to match. The rooms are clean and well appointed and the staff offers excellent service but never coming off as formal. They made me feel welcome and comfortable from the moment I arrived until I left. Whenever I am in San Jose, Boutique Hotel Jade will be my home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Beautiful reception area, they welcome every guest in the entrance on a chart, i think that's very thoughtful. The rooms are ample and clean, with an equal ample bathroom. The staff is very helpful and professional. Jurgen's restaurant is gorgeous and delicious. Didn't get a chance to get in the pool.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is a lovely boutique hotel on the eastern side of San Jose with professional and amiable staff and an amazing restaurant. Rooms are clean and well maintained, beds are comfortable. Breakfast was ample, with a standard set of cold items and a hot dish that varied every day with local specialties (gallo pinto, plantanos) and more conventional items (eggs, pancakes). There are lots of dining, shopping and nightlife options nearby. I wish I had the time to enjoy the lovely courtyard and pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had a great stay here while attending the CRLA spanish immersion school. Nice, comfortable rooms, great food, close to downtown.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This is a lovely little hotel with a welcoming lobby and staff. The decor is modern yet homey. I loved the center courtyard with its beautiful plantings and swimming pool. I'm sorry I didn't have a free afternoon to linger there. My room was comfortable and very clean. I heard a little street noise, since my room was on the street side of the hotel. However, I didn't find the noise to be disturbing. The breakfast buffet, in an attractive open-air dining room, was bountiful and delicious. I had dinner in Jurgen's restaurant one evening and had the best fish I have ever eaten. My only complaint is that my room safe did not work the entire time that I was there, despite promises to get it fixed.

Room Tip: It was quiet on the second floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Great Lobby for first impressions. Front Desk People Helpful. We had a inconvenience that they overly compensated us for, showing their high quality of conducting business. Rooms nice. We stayed twice and where lucky to receive a upgrade to their 2 room suite which was really laid out great with the bathroom inbetween the bedroom and living room. Breakfast was good with cold cuts, hard boiled eggs, fresh baked goods and cereal. The internet was good with a strong single. The location was good. It was close to a mall which we did not go to but we walked to the City Center and it took 25 minutes uphill on the way back. Did not time the downhill walk to City. Cabs where easy to get and we did cab it in the evening as the sidewalks are not the best. The restaurant was outstanding but more upscale. If you where looking for something more casual just around the block there where more casual places. I also think the mall had a lot to offer so we where told,

Room Tip: The 2 Room Suite is Great
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Midwest, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip, and I wasn't sure what to expect since I'd never been to Costa Rica before and I have traveled lots outside the U.S. and experienced varying qualities of hotels. This hotel is definitely a good choice. It was clean, quiet, and safe. The rooms open to a courtyard with trees and a pool, so you get a "tropical" feel even though you're in the city. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a mix-up (from our office) in the number of days we were supposed to stay, but the hotel staff worked with us to correct the problem. You can get breakfast at the hotel, which was very good, and the hotel's restaurant is one of the best in San Jose. The hotel is within walking distance of a large shopping mall, so if you need a break, it's a short (less than five minute) walk. I would recommend this hotel to travelers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Boutique Hotel Jade? Share your experiences!