A strange place to book if you are a tour operator. Why on earth would I want to drive from the airport to San Jose in all that traffic after hours of flying, just to drive back in the same direction the next morning toward the Arenal or Monteverde areas (and then do the same crazy thing a week later)? Service and staff very friendly, most speak English amazingly well. The murals on the building walls are picturesque, the fountain with colorful tiles in the center gives it a village feel. Food is fair; eat here it you are too tired to drive somewhere else, although, the kids meals are good and large enough for an adult, if a burger or a quesadilla is ok; breakfast buffet is not the tastiest we've encountered. Ample parking; drive around the block to the Alamo-looking entrance. There is a reason it looks like the Alamo - you are basically inside a very lovely looking and well protected fort, not a place you want to venture out from and take a stroll. There is probably a good reason even the humblest of abodes in the area has iron gates and bars in front of their windows and doors. Rooms are ok, but why would I need a kitchen for an overnight stay? And be careful, the sodas in the fridge were not left by someone else, they are part of the minibar. Check the price list on the counter!!! I'd rather have a nice large hotel room. Small bathrooms (wish it was as large as the kitchen) with mildew odor (the two that I encountered). Room 121 - to avoid getting scalded while taking a shower, let the sink hot water run while you take the shower. Also, bring ear plugs, the room is right by the road, and the motorcycles and trucks are very loud. Room 420 - the hot tub is right outside your bedroom window, could be fun or very noisy. Best to take a taxi if you are planning to go downtown, unless you really enjoy good bumper to bumper traffic with some zipping motorcycles thrown in. Pool looked great, but unless you are a bit of an exhibitionist and enjoy it when the entire restaurant watches, not the best place for a swim (therefore, not one person in it the two days we were there). Wifi works well in rooms (get code from front desk); guest computer in lobby did not work when we were there (and had no printer, in case you want to print your boarding passes). If you are returning from Monteverde area, do yourself a favor and take the Rt 27 toll road (about $3) back to San Jose rather than Rt 1, much less stressful.
Overall, not a bad place if you really need to stay in the San Jose area, maybe for a conference or such, then the kitchen may come in handy. But if you don't have to, just stay in the airport area and make the drive to your next destination an hour shorter (1/2 hr plus traffic).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Conde Hotel & Suites is a neocolonial little town styled hotel located just 1.5 miles from downtown, we offer much services to our guests, such as: free wireless internet access at lobby area, free shuttle service under request and itinerary from the International Airport, free sauna, jacuzzi, swimming pool and gym, free shuttle to and from downtown twice a day under schedule, full buffet breakfast,free walking tour to Parque de la Paz wich is just one block away, several gardens into the Hotel, meeting rooms, frontdesk service 24/7, playgrounds for children, fully furnished and equipped rooms (all), souvenir shop, business center and more.We are more than just a hotel, we are your new home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Conde Apartotel & Suites San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Conde Apartotel & Suites San Jose Hotel San Jose
- Casa Conde Apartotel And Suites San Jose
- Casa Conde Apartotel San Jose
- Casa Conde Apartotel & Suites San Jose Costa Rica