This hotel is one-of-a-kind; high on character with interesting architecture and colors. It is definitely NOT the generic name-brand hotel, so stay away if that is what you are looking for. It is an authentic latin establishment with all its quirks. The buildings themselves are rather old but have been renovated and maintained. One clue to the age is kitchen had a high "chimney" going up from the ceiling to take the cooking heat away - needed in pre-A/C days. Since it is older, some may also find the wear on the floors, doors, etc. putting off but I find it adds charm and history. You can also find modest dirt and grime in the less accessible nooks and crannies if you give it the white glove treatment, but you can also tell it has been cleaned and the important areas, such as bends, floors, and bathrooms, were very clean.
The location is not great - it was almost a half-hour ride from the San Jose airport and there is nothing in the immediate neighborhood. You need to take a taxi to get anywhere you need to go. But that is thankfully very easy - the hotel arranges for transport and it only costs a few dollars. We took a taxi to the downtown, and the driver arrived back at the agreed upon pickup spot within 2 minutes of our requested time. The location was quiet at night so good for sleeping - much better than downtown San Jose.
Overall, this hotel is not a destination in of itself but is an excellent stayover for arriving / departing through the airport if you would rather stay in a quiet, out-of-the way place with some color and character rather than a generic hotel that the general herd goes to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Conde Hotel & Suites, located just 5 minutes from San Jose and 30 minutes from the Juan Santamaria International Airport, offers comfortable facilities to Local and International Guests. Enjoy 110 fully furnished two-bedroom luxury suites, equipped with a kitchen, dining room, living room, TV, air conditioning, secure parking and all the amenities to make you feel right at home. We provide laundry service, prescheduled Hotel-Airport transfers, meeting room facilities, along with wireless Internet access, computer desk and gift shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Casa Conde Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Conde Apartotel & Suites San Jose Hotel San Jose
- Casa Conde Apartotel And Suites San Jose
- Casa Conde Apartotel San Jose
- Casa Conde Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/San Jose