“Eclectic Surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Colours Oasis Resort

You added Colours Oasis Resort to your Saves list
Colours Oasis Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Esquina Noroeste del Triangulo del Bulevar | Rohrmoser, San Jose, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #19 of 86 Hotels in San Jose
“Eclectic Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Having not been to San Jose in over 20 years, I was a bit nervous about traveling alone and staying in town. This was all dismissed once I spoke with Liz over the telephone. She arranged my transportation from the airport, which I highly recommend as the Taxi drivers outside customs are a bit aggressive. Upon arrival at Colours I was greeted by James, the Owner. James took the time to give me a tour of the property and escort me to my room. The Room was very nice, clean and comfortable with a fabulous shower. I really enjoyed my 4 days at this property. I was especially surprised on the excellent quality of food being served on site. The entire Staff was welcoming, especially Liz and David. Thank you Colours Oasis !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is my second stay now at Colours Resort and I feel it is my home away from home. The staff there is really what makes the place so enjoyable. They all work very hard to make sure your stay is fantastic, going above and beyond what even a 4-5 star hotel would do with much more personalized service. The resort with wonderful pool and jacuzzi is like an Oasis in the large city. The nightlife is but a taxi ride away and at the same time you can escape the city if you like by relaxing by the pool. I would definately recommend this hotel for not only gay people but for anyone with an open mind and a respect for all lifestyles.

Room Tip: I really enjoy the apartment (room #29) for extended stays, very comfortable with its own kitchen, l...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Hi guys I just want you to thank YOU for the outstanding service all of you have provided us while we were here in Costa Rica.
Thank you again. The proprietor must be proud of the quality staff working here. You have been accommodating, personable and courteous to us. We applaud your service .
This it was my first time in Costa Rica. And I will come back again im super satisfied with the Hotel and areas...nos veremos muy pronto... Pura vida!!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed at Colours as part of a "dental tourism" visit in Jan. 2014. As someone traveling alone and without a rental car, I needed a place with a caring and understanding staff, which is perhaps one of the best features that Colours has to offer. They made sure that I got to the oral surgeon's office via taxi, or were happy to recommend restaurants, etc., in the city. It's located about 15 minutes from downtown via taxi, which means a bit of planning is necessary (they didn't really recommend any restaurants that were walking distance), and, if you don't know Spanish (my bad), some communication skills with taxi drivers.

I used Colours to "bookend" my trip, staying there during the surgery, and returning after a week's recovery in Manuel Antonio, so I stayed in two different rooms. Both were clean and spacious, though there was a mold/mildew smell in one of them (sorry, don't remember the room number.) The rooms surround the pool/bar area, so late at night could get noisy. But there was a lovely breakfast by the pool in the morning, and the restaurant is actually quite good for lunch/dinner. All in all, I'll stay there again for part 2 of my dental visit later this year, and recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

As always my stay at Colours was fantastic ! The staff is the very best ! From the moment of check in to check out every effort is made to make you feel at home ! Everyone is so accamodating . The location is great as the neighborhood has a pharmacy , Bank , and grocery store all in walking distance . The hotel is kept very clean , the food is very good and again I cant praise the staff enough .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Charlotte Amalie, null, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

On my recent visit to San Jose I stayed at the Colours Oasis Resort.

The location is outside the city but in a good neighborhood and it's easy to get around. My check in was easy however I did change rooms. I found the budget room to be too small for my taste. I was happy to upgrade to the larger apartment. I did enjoy the larger size however none of the rooms have windows. For me I like to have a view.

There is wifi but I was unable to get the wifi from my room. In public areas it worked ok. This day and age I would consider paying more or a surcharge to be able to have access to wifi in the room as well.

Breakfast is included and their food menu is fantastic. I really enjoyed several dishes. Service at the bar and restaurant is very good. The overall vibe in the public spaces is cool and it is easy to meet folks from all over.

The staff were great. Kevin assisted me with my room change and another gentleman knocked on my door at 5:30am to make sure I didn't miss my early taxi! The reception staff that I worked with were excellent. Thank you!

One minor note: there are dogs across the street which are kind enough to bark every minute on the minute, all day and night long. If you are lucky enough to be a little hung over, go to breakfast and the pet bird at the hotel will chirp sharply in your ear to complete the animal orchestra which is apparently included in your stay!

Room Tip: There are many different room types. Ask to see available rooms if yours doesn't suit your need...
Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in total (2 nights when I arrived, and 1 night before I left).
Friendly and super helpful staff - I had traveled as a solo female in my 30's and the staff were so warm and sweet, especially Kevin, I liked chatting with him.
Also, you can see that there are regulars who go there and everyone is friendly. Also Jimmy and I think the other lady Liz, helped to set up a manicure/pedicure appointment for me and were very helpful giving me directions and suggestions. Thank you everyone!

I stayed in 2 different rooms, both of them were very clean and comfortable. The rooms include a safe, closet, tv, phone and free wifi. I was the most comfortable at this hotel because I didn't feel like there was anything missing.

I had overpacked and was going to be travelling to other places in Costa Rica, so it was super convenient that they allowed me to store some luggage there for free (until I returned to stay at the end of my trip). Another convenience was the bus stops near by that you can take to downtown or you can take an $8-10 cab ride.

Anyway, nothing but nice things to say... I would stay there again!

Thank you!
Jenn

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Colours Oasis Resort? Share your experiences!