Full disclosure, this is my fifth review of Colours and I am a loyal repeat customer.
Two reasons, I love Costa Rica and visit multiple times a year, and after having stayed in a great many different accommodations all over CR, I have determined there is something very special about Colours.
A boutique hotel, but really more a guesthouse, Colours is a place that is both comfortable and welcoming, no matter who you are. You will find the staff there to be warm, helpful, and professional. With many public areas the guests tend to congregate and converse, the atmosphere is different than one would find in the average hotel, akin to the difference between travel by plane and train.
Colours is like the train trip, where you can stay in your sleeper, or you can go to the observation, dining or lounge cars.
The location is great, walkable to almost everything one might need including many dining options, and an inexpensive bus or taxi ride to downtown San Jose, about 60 cents US$ by bus US$7 by taxi.
With among other amenities, a full service restaurant bar, pool, hot tubs, Wi-Fi, tour and transportation arrangements on premises, Colours offers a seamless and enjoyable choice to travelers who visit San Jose.
And with a wide range of room choices and rates it offers a good choice no matter the budget.
Give Colours a try, I am sure you will like it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verdant, tropical, warm, beautiful year-round raft rapids, stroll rainforests, hike volcanoes, sample hottest gay nightlife in Latin America or just lounge poolside, Colours, your adventure home base exploring "The Wilds of Costa Rica". Premier, largest and only of its kind in the Capital City, designed for our deserving gay guests. Inclusive boutique hotel serving "the community" and their straight friends, conveniently located - stately Boulevard Rohrmoser. Stylish, intimate complex with all the amenities, bar and restaurant plus our renowned attentive 24 hour reception service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, T4B, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Colours Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colours Oasis Hotel San Jose
- Colours Oasis Resort Costa Rica/San Jose