We stayed in July twice for one night each time, at the start and conclusion of a week long G Adventures trip around Costa Rica.
The hotel is about 20 minutes drive from the airport. It looks like it's being refurbished, as the bedrooms we had both looked a little tired; the restaurant area looks more modern.
It was clean and not too noisy. It has pool in the garden that seemed clean and ok. The staff were fine at reception and in the bar.
The area seems ok; we found a bar (think it was called Central Bar (out of main door turn left about 3 blocks up the hill - you can't miss it)) and had a couple of drinks and a quick snack there on both nights. That was a decent place with friendly staff.
A further walk straight down a busy road takes you down town. We walked in but I don't think San Jose is a place you would want to spend too many days in. Not much to do of note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Torremolinos is located in a privileged location of San Jose downtown, close to dinning options, La Sabana Metropolitan Park, the new National Stadium and main shopping centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Hotel Torremolinos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Torremolinos San Jose
- Occidental Torremolinos Hotel San Jose
- Hotel Torremolinos Costa Rica/San Jose