We stayed at this hotel at the start/end of our trip so I'll split the review in 2.
To start - this place doesn't look like a hotel. It is undergoing a name change (Hotel Autentico) so we thought we were being dropped at the wrong place. In a not very nice area. Nice to have a pool/courtyard but very few lounge chairs. Free internet in lobby but have to stand at front desk to use and have NO privacy. Front desk staff helpful.
FIRST NIGHT - We were upgraded to the newer rooms. It was flat out gorgeous with beautiful modern décor. LOVED the design. The bad? No a/c or fan so we roasted at night, and there are sheers covering the window so at night - the streetlight shone directly onto the bed so we had to sleep with our heads at the foot of the bed. Terrible sleep!
LAST NIGHT - We had high expectations of our room for our last night... but got the "regular" rooms. UGH! Tiny crowded room with 3 single beds, which were saggy & brutally uncomfortable. They had no fitted sheets, just top sheets for the base so I woke in the night to find myself sleeping on the exposed mattress - gross! No a/c or fan AGAIN... and windows wouldn't open. The art décor was Egyptian? huh? The hall noise was awful - woken up to people checking out at 5am. The good? Best shower we had all week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Torremolinos is located in a privileged location of San Jose downtown, close to dinning options, La Sabana Metropolitan Park, the new National Stadium and main shopping centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, HostelBookers and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Torremolinos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Torremolinos San Jose
- Occidental Torremolinos Hotel San Jose
- Hotel Torremolinos Costa Rica/San Jose