“Great hotel very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Central Street & 3rd-15th Ave | P.O. Box 538, Calle Blancos, San Jose 558-2120, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #20 of 85 hotels in San Jose
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We where based here for the week for meetings and it was a pleasant surprise the restaurant had good choices and quality food. Try the salmon. The gym is also a great size operating as an external Gold Gym as well. There is a lot of room in the rooms and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this review, October 5, 2013

Dear Mr Newnhamp:

Yours sincerely on behalf of all our staff and my own, we are pleased that your stay in our hotel was first class and the services provided were satisfactory, we are extremely grateful to the wonderful comments about the services provided and our facilities, we thank you also for your score of 4 stars, we want to have the opportunity to have you with us again so appliance to exceed your expectations.

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Don't let the title put you off, this is an excellent hotel.
It certainly aims for a business clientele, with it's own convention centre, but ought to suit the tastes of almost any international traveler. The staff are friendly and attentive, the food is above average for hotel fare and the rooms are well equipped and comfy - a nice touch in my ground floor room was an adjustable mattress, press a button and the firmness changes.
As a conference centre I would highly recommend - everything worked and the high speed Internet (free) was welcomed by all. There is also a 'casino' but this is so far from Vegas that I would recommend you avoid the dive.
So why not a 5?
Well the location is not very inspiring, situated on a main (noisy) road and surrounded by nothing of interest and I object to the treatment of smokers. I realize that the law determines where you can and can not smoke but forcing people to cross a road and stand in a car park in the rain (which it does a lot in Costa Rica) seemed rather brutish.
And finally the decor which just did not work for me. Imagine you owned a multi story car park and decided to become a hotelier but only had 80% of the required budget. The result is that every fifth wall is bare concrete - even in the bedrooms. I am sure it was done deliberately in the name of art but for me it just looked unfinished.
But I would certainly be happy to return.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms looking over the road unless you are a truck spotter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Greetinga from Radisson San Jose Costa Rica

Dear Mr/s Gustypants:

Yours sincerely on behalf of all our staff and my own, we are very grateful to take the time to write about our hotel, and all services, unfortunately if the hotel is a bit old for that reason tends to infrastructure that aspect, we thank you also for your score of 4 stars, all here hope to have the opportunity to have you again when traveling through this area for well able to overcome their own expectations, thanks also for choosing us for your stay.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I spent our first and last night of our Gate 1 Costa Rica trip at the Radisson Hotel. When we arrived, our rooms were not ready. For the inconvenience, the hotel treated the entire group to a free drink in the bar. This is real 'customer service'! We decided to have dinner at the hotel that night, and the food was great. On our return stay, we opted to have dinner there again, and found the same result. Breakfast was excellent also. The rooms are spacious and quiet with good amenities. Staff is very good. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first and second floor. Both were good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this review, September 5, 2013

Dear Ms Dolores K:

A pleasure to greet us very pleased that your stay in our hotel was first class, the staff of our hotel is extremely grateful for your wonderful comment and rate 4 stars eventhough it had a small time lag in the delivery of the room, is something which are taking the necessary measures for this type of situation does not happen again, hope to have the opportunities to see you again to well to overcome their own expectations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed there for several nights, and was impressed by the facilities and services. The room is clean and stylish and spacious. The breakfast is tasty and nutritious. I always ordered omelet with egg white. The staff is helpful and friendly. You can use the internet at the business center free of charge. Nobody else was there when I used one of the two computers. The location is not central, but is convenient, since the city is small. It took $5 to get to the city center. Three of my friends and I actually walked back from the downtown. One thing I had to mention was that I did not get the wake-up call at five in the morning. I would leave for the airport at six. I woke up around 5:45 am, and suddenly realized that I would be late. I called the reception, and was told that there was no record. I had to add that they called me in the first three mornings. Luckily, I got up myself. The hotel had arranged for a taxi to get me to the airport. One lady driver took me there in about 20 minutes. Had I missed the flight, I guess I would have ranked the hotel very differently.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this review, September 2, 2013

Dear Abuben:

We are pleased that your stay in our hotel was first class all the services provided, we deeply regret the inconvenience with the call to wake up and the lack of coordination in the department of front desk, where I discussed the matter with high priority to to take necessary measures for this type of situation does not happen with our team vuelvana, and rather have the opportunity to have you back with us for so to their own expectations susperar when traveling through this area, the entire staff is extremely grateful for choosing us for your stay and hope you soon.

Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I arranged a conference at the University of Costa Rica and the 18 participants stayed at the Radisson Hotel. The hotel was a fantastic experience. Everyone of the participants raved about the wonderful rooms and outstanding service. No one spoke Spanish in our group, but the friendly staff spoke very good English. We booked rooms with hotel transportation to and from the hotel. The airport transportation was flawless for the whole group (coming in at different times). As the organizer of the conference, I was extremely impressed with the hotel staff at the restaurant, bar, front desk and the lobby door. I will stay at the Radisson every time I return to San Jose, and I highly recommend the hotel to groups, individuals, couples and families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this review, August 28, 2013

Dear Mr John K:

We are pleased that the stay you had at our hotel was first class both for himself and the other people who accompanied you in his event at the University of Costa Rica, I want to thank that you have chosen us to carry out your event, also thank your score of 5 stars, all the staff of our hotel waiting for another chance who are with us in a next visit to San Jose, to thus be able to exceed your expectations.

Santiago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spent one night by end April, 3 rooms. The hotel is very good and the service alike. It is well located, not far from downtown, although not much to see in San Jose. We had our own rented cars so moving around was easy, but taxis are fair enough. It has a good pool and an apparent good spa we didn't use. We were on a ione night stop n our way to manuel Antonio.

Rooms are comfortable and the restaurant fine. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this review, August 6, 2013

Dear Mr Ricardo Leon

Guest Service Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed a lot of different Radisson hotels over the last few years, mostly on business. But the San Jose Radisson is without doubt the best. The service is excellent, the staff is friendly and professional. I want to highlight the gym which is the best I have encountered in any hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this review, July 31, 2013

Dear Mr Tomas:

, It's good to know he had a first class stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to write about our hotel! We hope you visit us again soon!

Tel 2010-6000 Ext 5555

Been to Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica? Share your experiences!