“Nice bed with good pillows though the hotel is average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Central Street & 3rd-15th Ave | P.O. Box 538, Calle Blancos, San Jose 558-2120, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
35% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 85 hotels in San Jose
Porto, Portugal
“Nice bed with good pillows though the hotel is average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The room was comfy, clean, spacious, the bathroom was nice as well. The bed was quite comfortable, the decoration of the hotel is old fashioned and the pool area is reasonable.

Basicly it´s a nice place to sleep and leave as we did, to visit the rest of the country.
If you need to stay close tot he airport I advice another hotel as this one may be complicated cause of the surrounding traffic.
The hotel does not ssem secure to walk arround in the evning, either you grab a cab or use your car. The hotel taxis are double the price than other ones.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Greetings from Radisson San Jose Costa Rica

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San José
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed for 1 night and for the cost thought this hotel was excellent value. It is mainly a business hotel, but does have a decent gym, pool, hot tub and my room was big and the bed huge. I would certainly stay again. Good job.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This a realy nice modern hotel in the heart of san Jose.
The hotel is beautiful, the room are well equipe.
This hotel is good for buisness people. The internet is free in all the resort.
For lunch, we tried the food in the bar. The appetizer where delicious. For the breakfeast, the food was delicious as well. The waffles was wummy.
The bed where realy confortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Drake
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was on a bussines trip and booked here because of the location that was my best option, easy and smooth check in, guys at the front desk very frinedly.
The room was nice and quiet very cofortable but the bathroom fan once you turn on the ligth was very very noisy and water pressure in the shower was almost none...

Small but friendly casino with a great service and professional staff.

If you will need a taxi you better go and ask for it with at least 10 min more than you have planned, it takes a while to get the bell boys and the drivers to comunicate and set up the taxi for you; "Papa Lara" was my driver for 2 days, old guy very profesional and friendly is definetly one of the best drivers I ever had in San jose, ask for him if you need a taxi 100% recomended.

I never got the chance to try the restaurant or even the BF but the last nigth I ordered room service dinner, service was good and the waitress was super friendly and professional, but the food was terrible! Ceviche made out of "fake botlled" lemon juice and an obviously non-fresh fish, and the "lomito Criollo" completly dry and no flavor even the smell of it wasn't good, so I think i didn't missed much in the restaurant.
So pricing for lodging it's ok, but pricing for food it's definetly wrong for what you get.

I'll stay again but never eat gain there for sure!

PS. My calification for breakfast is for food in general that I had.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Radisson San Jose Costa Rica

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed with relevant departments on the inconveniences you had during your stay with us and are taking the necessary actions so that these situations do not happen again with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in the middle of San Jose. The staff was very efficient and warm and rooms were spacious and lovely. The food in the hotel was great - I would highly recommend the avocado gazpacho.

I would definitely stay there again the next time I am in San Jose

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for use. Upon booking less than 24 hours in advance we got a great deal online at a hotel with plenty of ammentites. The pool area is beautiful and access to the Gold gym is included as well as free breakfast. The Cons are that it is a little far but not too far (20-30 mins) from the airport and there is nothing around the hotel that we saw. I would recommend this hotel for someone who wants ammenties and a more cosmoplitan hotel.

Room Tip: Guacamole Gazpacho is delicious!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Martinez, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is an upscale conference/business hotel which I would have loved to give high marks to. I stayed there for three nights recently (separate nights: rooms 2004, 3008, 3007). It didn't work for me.

The plusses are evident. Rooms are very nice and quite roomy --- high ceilings, lovely decor with historical San Jose pictures on the walls and dark wood accents, fancy bedding with loads of decorative pillows, etc. My room had a King bed and the room had plenty of storage and a table/chairs for relaxing --- also a desk-type table and ergonomic chair. Wireless was available in the room and there is a 32" flat screen TV. I didn't watch it, but it is there. Bathroom looks nice (with all the toiletries and hair dryer, etc.) but the shower is impossible to control, with it going from super cold to super hot, without moving the dial. You could freeze or burn, in the same shower session. After it happened to me once, I was afraid to try it again and two other people in my group mentioned the same thing -- they obviously had different rooms.

Also in my room(s) --- 3 separate nights in 3 different rooms --- the Sleep # Bed controls did not work in any of them. Radisson promotes their Sleep # bed but if it doesn't work, you might end up sleeping on a very hard, uncomfortable bed as I did and some of my friends did. We were on a tour so we all compared notes.

The buffet breakfast in the morning (included) is good, healthy and varied. Oatmeal is watery but there is plenty of fruit and good yogurt and other egg and pancake and bread dishes. Even an omelet station. The restaurant and bar tend to be expensive for afternoon and evening meals, but it is a conference hotel so that might be expected, by some. The bar is WAY too loud to sit and eat in. We ate in the area outside the bar, attached to the lobby --- just for some quiet and ability to converse. Funny thing --- the bar is always empty, so maybe they should tone down the volume as it's repelling customers, rather than attracting them.

The hotel is isolated from other restaurants and shops ---- it backs up to a major highway (which can be noisy at night also, with the trucks downshifting right next to your room and your ears...that would be rooms 2004 and 3008) --- so it's not easy to walk to restaurants as an alternative to the hotel. I tried to go across the street to get some colones at a bank and the traffic was so bad, I almost got hit, though I was running fast. Not a comfortable area in which to walk. No place to walk to for a quick bite and no vending machines in the hotel for a snack. To me, it wasn't a user-friendly hotel for people without a car.

Also, note that you can't make calls out of the hotel (on an International Calling Card) without being charged an exhorbitant amount of $$ just for trying (going through the hotel operator, evidently). In my room, there were no directions in how to do this and no explanation that going through the hotel operator (on a FREE 800-number calling card) would cost so much. Watch out for that one.

Would I stay there again? Not by choice. Fine for locals with cars but not so much for tourists.

Room Tip: Stay away from the loud highway side of the hotel. Try to get a room over the courtyard, otherwise...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Greetings from Radisson San Jose Costa Rica

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed with relevant departments about the inconveniences you had during your stay with us and are taking the necessary actions so that such situations turn to give with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

20106000

Been to Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica? Share your experiences!