We stayed at the Radisson Europa beacuse the hotel was selected as the venue for a Central American/Caribbean international training. We combined it with some days vacation before and after.
We found the inner garden around the swimming area gorgeous. Water was cold, and did not invite to swimming, but when sunshine, sunbath on the beach chairs was pleasant. The gym opened already at 5 A.M. and closed 8:30 P.M. We did not need to wait long for a "jogging path" and the combination of a commercial Gold's Gym in a hotel seem to be a good feature.
Staff in the Reception was very kind and helpful, but were not willing to explain the bus system of San José. There is a bus stop on Calle Central near the back gate of the hotel for the bus to/from Tibas, which takes you close to the Avenida Central for 150 colones. To get a taxi, do not ask the hotel. Find instead one outside on the street. Going from Radisson to the Downtown area costed us 800 colones (USD 1,6) with a meter taxi, when the taxis at the hotel entrance wanted USD 4 for the same trip.
Complimentary coffee, tea and fruits in the lobby and the free wireless internet everywhere in the hotel are giving competitive advantage compared with other hotel chains, who charge for everything.
You have to be patient with the Central American un-systematic way to make up the room. Some days no shampoo, other days flowers in the room, the next day no coffe or tea bags for the coffeemaker.
As a summary we found the hotel convienient for business as well as for our vacation days.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Europa Hotel And Conference Center
- Radisson Europa Hotel San Jose
- Radisson San Jose
- San Jose Radisson
- Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a convenient location near the historic city center, the Radisson Hotel San Jose, Costa Rica offers comfortable accommodations in the city's vibrant financial, commercial and government district. The hotel is also close to major attractions including the National Theatre, Golden Museum and a range of shopping and dining options. While staying with us, you will enjoy on-site amenities such as a Fitness Center, Executive Lounge, an on-site casino, spacious meeting rooms and two restaurants - everything you need for a truly exceptional hotel stay. Reserve your stay online today and experience the comfort and convenience of the Radisson Hotel San Jose, Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.