I just came back from Costa Rica a few days ago (beginning of may)
Shuttle service is provided with their timings so we would of had to wait 45mins so we took a taxi to the hotel which charge $20.00. The hotel is located close to the airport (20-30min away) which was nice, it's also close to the downtown area (20-30mins away) however the biggest down point is that u can't really just walk out to any local places as the hotel is situated on a highway! So u have no other choice but to get a taxi to go anywhere. The hotel taxi drivers charge alot more than the local taxi drivers.. The hotel taxis also offer to do a two way trip (take u to the destination and back) I wouldn't recommend it because u can get a cheaper price coming home in the local red taxis with yellow triangles.. They base their charge in colones and work it out on their meter.
Breakfast at the hotel is a average mix, although the staff are very friendly and attentive.
The rooms are cleaned well everyday, they change all the bed covers and pillow cases daily which was nice.. And yes u have new towels everyday too.
It was my husbands bday so they left a bday cake for us which was a lovely gesture.
Water in the pool is cold however the pool area and garden is beautiful.
Room service (the food!) disgusting! Don't waste ur money on it.. I would really recommend a restaurant called Tin Jo which is situated in downtown San Jose and has amazing food!
The rooms are big and spacious which was nice, the bed is the best ever hotel bed I have layed on in my life! So comfy u just fall asleep instantly! The bathroom is quiet small and we had a problem with the bath coz it kept filling up and wasnt draining properly.
I would also recommend buy tours from the tourist information guide "Ricardo" - defiantly do the white water rafting and the canopy adventure. Also u must visit arenal volcano and tabacon grand spa!! Prices at the hotel for the tours are gd deals.
Overall it was a pleasant stay.. Receptionists were helpful. Don't bother buying souvenirs from the souvenir shop in the hotel - it's way over priced!
If your going Costa Rica - enjoy =)
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo San Jose Palacio Hotel San Jose
- Barcelo San Jose Palacio Hotel
- Barcelo San Jose
- San Jose Barcelo
- Barcelo Palacio Hotel Costa Rica
- Barcelo San Jose Palacio Costa Rica
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo San Jose Palacio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.