I will like to give 4 star but at the same time i will like to give 2....so at the end 3 stars isn't bad.
very friendly staff
good restaurant food
large size room
- you can hear people walking and talking while you are sleeping (almost sleeping)
- I founded some hair on my bed ...not a big deal, I know is really hard to clean well the cover sometimes, but...
- The room/furniture color is terrible!! The door, table, chair were all painted with the exact same paint - gray! I am normally not a guy with high interior design standard, but the over all feeling of this room was depressing...
- I did dinner and breakfast in the hotel at the same table....I found the same dirty spoon in the night and in the morning too....plus in the morning they didn't replace the fork that i used the night before...so, it looks like at night they colleced the fork along with my empty plates, but they didn't wipe the table, and forgot the dirty spoon, and with no clean replacement in the morning.
- For breakfast, the clean dishes and cups were all randomely left on a tale for guests to take. I think a little more order (same dishes's size) will be much better to see for the guests.
- I hate doing breakfast at a place when the butter and marmelade are served on a dish touching other food. Here it was worse. The butter and jam were not cut or presented nicely, it was spooned out from the jar and dropped onto the same plate with the burned toasts.
In the end...will I go back again? ....yes, with hope that they can improve all these little things to make a guest's experience even better. Only then, can they be proud of themselves to be the best hotel in thier category in San Jose. (a sign I saw in their lobby...)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vesuvio Hotel is located in the historical downtown, walking distance from the most important attractions of San Jose city, such as The National Theater, The Cultural Plaza, The National Library, Museums, Shops, Restaurants, Banks, Nightlife and beautiful exotic parks. The hotel is located in Barrio Otoya, one of the oldest districts in the area and is away from the noise and traffic of downtown, yet close enough to be able to walk the central business district within a few minutes. The management makes it a priority to give their guests the fullest attention to every detail. Personalized service is the key to this owner management hotel.The hotel has 20 carpet and comfortable rooms, private bathroom with hot water, cable color T.V., phone and safe deposit box, restaurant with international cuisine, room service, private parking, laundry service, Fax and Internet access. The American Breakfast is included in the rate.*Free parking.*Free Internet access.*Free children under 12.*Free breakfast.*Free storage room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Vesuvio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vesuvio Hotel San Jose
- Vesuvio Hotel Costa Rica/San Jose