We stayed here overnight as part of our tour package to Costa Rica. It is one of the highest buildings located in the busy central part of San Jose, right next to Parque Morazan which is quite busy during the daytime with a live concert going on when we arrived ~ 4p.m. on a Sat. in August. The check-in was quite efficient with our luggage delivered to our rooms within 1/2 hr after we arrived. Very convenient with 2 computers available to check on our departing flights and we were able to print out our boarding passes. The rooms are decent size and our room offered a view of Parque Morazan. Actually it is located at quite a busy intersection where there is a constant flow of traffic- public buses and cars so crossing the streets are a bit challenging but not a great problem. It is only about a 3 block walk up to the downtown area of San Jose.
Our dinner up on the 17th floor at the El Mirador Restaurant was good- we had a choice of sea bass, prime rib, or free range chicken as the main dish. I would recommend staying here if you wanted to walk around the downtown San Jose without having to take any public transportation as everything including the National Theater, Gran Hotel, and Parque Central are just about a 10-15 min walk down. Lots of people for sure, but it's not a problem walking around. Need to be somewhat careful of the uneven cement crosswalks as they are not all that level. It is best to walk slowly than run. Anyhow with so many people around, it is difficult to run in the area.
Also, despite having an early departing flight out the next morning, the Holiday Inn had a breakfast available prior to our 5a.m. departure to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a relaxing getaway in the heart of Central America at the Holiday Inn ® Hotel San Jose Downtown – Aurola, conveniently nestled in the center of lively San Jose, with panoramic views of the beautiful Central Valley. Conveniently located within walking distance of a variety of local attractions, guests will enjoy superior modern amenities and facilities such as free high speed WIFI access, an on-site business center, large meeting rooms, swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, pub bar, and two restaurants. Discover a hotel where technology and hospitality come together in perfect harmony, where you can stay connected with modern Internet wireless access, and disconnect with a relaxed Costa Rica ambiance and modern luxuries. Whether visiting for a leisure getaway or a business connection, this San Jose hotel offers a peaceful, productive atmosphere where you can get the most out of your San Jose experience.Conveniently located within walking distance of all the best downtown attractions as well as downtown businesses. You will enjoy people watching in Parque Morazan, located just outside our front door. This park features a number of sculptures and monuments which decorate the expanse of urban green, including a beautiful domed structure, known as Templo de Música, or the Temple of Music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Jose Aurola Hotel San Jose
- San Jose Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola Costa Rica