“Very noise ,and old” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Morazan

Casa Morazan
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose
Casa Morazan
You added Casa Morazan to your Saves list
7th St. 9th Ave. 775, San Jose 1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #36 of 55 San Jose B&B and Inns
Aguascalientes, Mexico
“Very noise ,and old”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went to cr in December and I stay there , 1 no parking ,the hotel is very old,noise ,is very well located and the breakfast is very good, there is casino in the firsthand foor is very noise and prostitution I don't think I will never stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed there one weekend with my small dog. It was wonderful that I could take her with me. My dog was more well-behaved than the owner's dogs. Her Schnauzers were very loud. They barked a lot and if you like to sleep in, bring ear plugs. The bed was huge and comfortable. The carpeting wasn't pretty. I think either new flooring or new carpeting would make it nicer. I did like the heavy curtains that blocked out the sunlight. I also liked the bathtub, but I had to put a plastic bag in the drain to fill it. However, I did have plenty of hot water to do so. The breakfast in the morning was simple but really nice. The staff was wonderful, but you had to be let out and back in again, so sometimes you had to yell for someone. I only saw the owner once the whole time I was there. It's fairly close to things but out of the way enough from the city noise.

The funniest thing is the size of the key ring. I don't carry a purse and men would have a hard time keeping it in their pocket. So, I had to take the key off the ring. I laughed when they gave it to me. (see photo)

All in all, I had a nice time there and I would probably go back. I especially liked being in the old home. It had a lot of history and I wish I could have spoken to the owner more about it. There were a lot of old photos, and I enjoyed stepping back into time.

Room Tip: The rooms looked the same. One room was next to a small patio where the dogs were, so I'd stay a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Strasbourg, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

I recently spent 2 separate nights (1/26 & 2/2) here on my last trip. Basically used the hotel as a place to crash my first day and my last night in costa rica. My room was very clean both nights. A little noisy at night if you stay in the front of the hotel (rooms 1 and 3) due to the traffic. Also the dog (Africa) greats new guest with barking but this was in the afternoon and not at night or early morning. Served an execelent breakfast (fresh fruit, coffee/tea, egg & toasts). The staff was very friendly and they had free internet!

• Liked — breakfast and free internet
  • Stayed January 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

After reading the previous reviews on tripadvisor, we confidently booked this b&b. We were only in San Jose for a day. We arrived at the place and found that our room was big and comfortable for three people. The location was good in that you can easily walk to some of the popular city sites. We were disappointed with the b&b itself. We arrived and there was a huge dog in the place that tried to bite my partner. Luckily the woman there got the dog down. The place is dark and we couldn't get down the stairs without difficulty. Our room itself smelled horrible. There was a dank oder of cigarette smoke and wet dog. There were also items left over from another person's stay. The smell itself was enough to have us want to leave, and it didn't go away. We had also paid part of our deposit online before arriving, but were charged more than we had on our printed out balance by another twenty dollars. This place was not worth $70 to stay. I would recommend some of the other places down the road (as did other people we met). The staff were very helpful though, and it was only one night.

• Liked — friendly service
  • Disliked — bad smell in rooms, over charged, and other problems with the b&b itself
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mattoon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2007

I was in Costa Rica on a mission trip, my first. We stayed here the first night before going to our work site. The drive from the airport made me wonder WHAT HAVE I DONE! Razor wire and strong fences are not not very welcoming. Our driver took us right to Casa Morazan. It didn't wipe away all concerns but at least I could breathe again. Felix, the manager sat with us in the lobby and explained the history of the house. He spoke english very well. His service and service of the ladies who cook breakfast also was excellent. Rooms were spacious and clean. If it's your first trip this is a good place to land the first night.

Stayed January 2007
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2005

I stayed at Casa Morazan recently and intend to go back in a couple of weeks, this place feels like home, it is comfortable and they have bathtubs!
The staff is very helpful, the food is good and the price can't be beat! I have been traveling to Costa Rica for several years, and I had my share of not so good experiences, until I found this place, they made me feel right at home from the minute I walked in, helped me in everything I needed, and they found me great deals in tours. I really recommend you stay at Casa Morazan!

boston , ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2005

Anna's hotel offers old world charm and hospitality that make a person feel more like a personal house guest than a "hotel client".

the breakfasts are great and the convenience of being in barrio Amon is terrific. And for those of you concerned about security, with Africa the Giant Schnauzer on duty, you have nothing to worry about!

Stayed January 2002

Been to Casa Morazan? Share your experiences!