“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Morazan

Casa Morazan
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose
Casa Morazan
You added Casa Morazan to your Saves list
7th St. 9th Ave. 775, San Jose 1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #36 of 55 San Jose B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

After reading the previous reviews on tripadvisor, we confidently booked this b&b. We were only in San Jose for a day. We arrived at the place and found that our room was big and comfortable for three people. The location was good in that you can easily walk to some of the popular city sites. We were disappointed with the b&b itself. We arrived and there was a huge dog in the place that tried to bite my partner. Luckily the woman there got the dog down. The place is dark and we couldn't get down the stairs without difficulty. Our room itself smelled horrible. There was a dank oder of cigarette smoke and wet dog. There were also items left over from another person's stay. The smell itself was enough to have us want to leave, and it didn't go away. We had also paid part of our deposit online before arriving, but were charged more than we had on our printed out balance by another twenty dollars. This place was not worth $70 to stay. I would recommend some of the other places down the road (as did other people we met). The staff were very helpful though, and it was only one night.

• Liked — friendly service
  • Disliked — bad smell in rooms, over charged, and other problems with the b&b itself
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mattoon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2007

I was in Costa Rica on a mission trip, my first. We stayed here the first night before going to our work site. The drive from the airport made me wonder WHAT HAVE I DONE! Razor wire and strong fences are not not very welcoming. Our driver took us right to Casa Morazan. It didn't wipe away all concerns but at least I could breathe again. Felix, the manager sat with us in the lobby and explained the history of the house. He spoke english very well. His service and service of the ladies who cook breakfast also was excellent. Rooms were spacious and clean. If it's your first trip this is a good place to land the first night.

Stayed January 2007
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2005

I stayed at Casa Morazan recently and intend to go back in a couple of weeks, this place feels like home, it is comfortable and they have bathtubs!
The staff is very helpful, the food is good and the price can't be beat! I have been traveling to Costa Rica for several years, and I had my share of not so good experiences, until I found this place, they made me feel right at home from the minute I walked in, helped me in everything I needed, and they found me great deals in tours. I really recommend you stay at Casa Morazan!

boston , ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2005

Anna's hotel offers old world charm and hospitality that make a person feel more like a personal house guest than a "hotel client".

the breakfasts are great and the convenience of being in barrio Amon is terrific. And for those of you concerned about security, with Africa the Giant Schnauzer on duty, you have nothing to worry about!

Stayed January 2002

Been to Casa Morazan? Share your experiences!