“Nice place with excelent food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Nice place with excelent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Getting to know every vegetarian restaurant in Costa Rica I stumble upon this Restaurant. The food is very good with a mix of tastes that will trully amaze you. The restaurant does not have many meal options, but they will have a new dish every day as an special. The price is very good, the atmosphere very nice and the location perfect (just in front of Parque Nacional). If you go, try the special drinks!!! the combinations are amazing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
“Shocking service average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went there yesterday after reading all the glowing reviews of this place. I ordered the vegetarian special of the day "chili vegetariana con arroz" and a super smoothie. The smoothie was awful it has too much ginger in it and is almost spicey. I waited for an hour and a half for the meal which never came. So I said to the lady at the counter Im going to pay for the smoothie and don't worry about the food. She casually apologized for forgetting passing my food order to the kitchen and charged me $5USD for the smoothie. Extremely disappointing experience specially given that I paid 10 for taxis to get there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My partner and I went to El Jardin del Parque for some takeout for dinner. I wished we had gone hungry, because the atmosphere, an enclosed patio across from a park, was lovely. We got a veggie burger and a panini and smoothies, and everything was well presented and absolutely delicious. The woman who took our order was lovely as well. Next time, we'll definitely go hungry and eat there. This restaurant is a treasure!

Visited January 2013
Long Beach, California
“Happy Tummy Veggie Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Wonderfully satisfying veggie meals, smoothies, and deserts prepared form sustainable agriculture practices. Cozy covered patio across the street from Parque Nacional with awesome daily specials. If you're not into meat, this is the place to go in San Jose.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“Don't miss the good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We live in Costa Rica and our trips to San Jose are more enjoyable now that we know of Jardin del Parque! Their food is excellent, top quality and very tasty. They actually know what they are doing, using the best organic ingredients and spices. They support sustainable and responsible agriculture. In a city where fast food is everywhere, this is a real gem! Try the plato del dia, the best value (11$ for a meal, a juice, a coffee and dessert!). Our only disappointment is when we can't make it to Jardin del Parque when we are in San Jose! Thank you guys to share your passion of good healthy food!

• Visited August 2012