“Live Jazz and Argentinian Goodness” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 297 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Live Jazz and Argentinian Goodness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I enjoyed dinner at Aqui Es with a group of friends while traveling to San Jose for business. The wine was affordable by the bottle (with the special that they offered) and tasted great. I had an empanada with raisins and 'sweet meat' to start. I wish that I had taken a photograph of the menu to tell you the exact names of what I had to eat. For dinner, I would highly recommend sharing a plate due to the portion size. For dinner, I shared chorizo with veggies on the side. The atmosphere was suitable for our group of ten people - we could easily hear each other talking ... although we were a fairly loud group. To add to the ambiance, they featured a live jazz band - which I hear is not common in San Jose. I recommend checking it out.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville
“More than just local fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

There are very few restaurants in San Jose where you can get a good Italian meal. This is one features several Italian dishes and the one I ordered was very good even if the tomato sauce was a bit overpowering. The prices are reasonable. On Friday nights they have live music including the Argentine tango.

Visited May 2013
winnipeg
“Cool, funky great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I could smell this place from a block away when I was coming back towards Avenida Paseo Colon. Oh, god, the lure of good Parilla....I could not resist and given that I had not had breakfast that day?

It was on Friday, the start of Semana Santa and the joint was packed - always a good sign. I looked at the specials board, always a good bet and I found what I wanted - lomito con salsa de mango y papas con romarin......NICE.

There was only a four-top available so I took a seat at the bar. I ordered a glass of Argentinian chardonnay and waited for my meal....the joint was hopping, the atmosphere, great....it reminded me of smallish bistros I have dined at in some of the greatest cities on this planet. Rustic decor, comfy, no loud music and a well-oiled machine of a staff.

My plate, when it arrived....man, a trucker-sized hunk of boneless pork cooked to perfection....I was happy.

For what I got, the price was not out of whack. I went back there later to hear some great Tango music.....nice.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Isidro de El General, Costa Rica
“Aqui Es... El lugar de buena comida Argentina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place was introduced to me by by cousin, one day in town and when she worked a block away, we had lunch here. Now it is our traditional lunch place when i am in town with my wife. Love the pastas, and the specials. The ginger drinks are also good. Great decoratios, and good stories from the staff. Enjoy lunc or a dinner with live music.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Heredia, Costa Rica
“Friendly staff and cozy atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We love this little lunch spot close to Sabana Park for its little piece of Argentina with the most warm and friendly owner, Matias who makes you feel like you're part of the family. We usually come here for a late lunch a few times a month (the place is packed to the brim during the weekday lunch hour)

The meals are reasonably priced and they always have specials on the board. Lots of meat options but I prefer the: homemade pasta, tasty thin crust pizzas and especially enjoy the tomato and basil empandadas with traditional chimichurri sauce. You can also buy the chimichurri sauce to bring home.

Things get lively on Friday nights when they feature live music. A fun time to get together and bring some friends or family and come hear the live music. I suggest making a reservation to reserve a good seat. The bossanova or tango music is especially good.

• Visited December 2012