“Adrenaline rush with amazing scenery!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 79 Activities in San Jose
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Bungee jump into the tropical forest of Costa Rica for one of the most amazing experiences of your life. Regardless of whether this is your 50th jump or your first, bungee jumping in Costa Rica is an experience not to be missed.Add some adrenaline to your San Jose trip and go bungee jumping in the tropics. Leave behind the hustle and bustle of San Jose and travel to the beautiful Colorado River in Naranjo for an unforgettable experience. The metal bridge that traverses the Colorado River is 80 meters above the ravine, and gives a spectacular view of the lush Costa Rican vegetation surrounding the jump point.Our professional guides will share their jump experiences with you and help any new jumpers to feel at ease as you prepare for one of the greatest thrills of your life. We do not an have age limit, the youngest jumper we have had was 4 years old, and the most seasoned that jumped was 80. Can you break the record?The tensest moment will be as you prepare yourself to jump, but once you let yourself go and feel the rush of falling through the sky you'll be well on your way to enjoying one of the most exciting, adrenaline-filled times of your life.Tropical Bungee offers bungee jumping since 1991. We are located in the Old Colorado River Bridge, it is 265 feet high, making it one of the highest bungee bridges in America.Tropical Bungee offers jumps every day with round trip transportation from San Jose. Our departures are at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.Tropical Bungee only uses imported equipment and we operate under the strictest safety norms. We are “the” Bungee Jumping pioneers in Latin America with a great trajectory in this sport as well as in other adventure sports.Tropical Bungee is NABA certified to manufacture bungee cords.AND WE ARE PART OF THE TOP TEN BUNGEE JUMPS IN WORLD
New York City, New York
15 attraction reviews
“Adrenaline rush with amazing scenery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

There are two major bungee operators in CR that we researched and I was very happy with this choice. It was a little tricky to find since we opted to drive and not be picked up at our hotel, but we couldn't have been happier with the experience. The view is incredible as you are jumping off of a bridge into a lush ravine.....and be sure to ignore the multiple vultures flying around the bridge.
The guides were enthusiastic, friendly and even recorded our jumps (included in the package). If you choose to jump twice, the second jump is only 45 USD. Would definitely revisit!

Visited February 2014

Brooklyn, New York
13 attraction reviews
“A Day that will live in infamy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

this experience will shame my family for generations to come....I could not, I would not, I did not jump. But i learned an invaluable lesson that day and that is to not mess with the little voice in my head for he is much too strong for even me to fight with.

took place in Mar 2009

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
“Absolutely amazing, do not miss out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was a highlight of my trip and the one thing I wanted to do more than anything else! It did not disappoint, they picked us up from our hostel in San Jose and took us straight there. Everything was explained to us and they were very patient with us to make sure we actually went through with it. We had photos and a video taken and once we were done, had a dvd, and t-shirt to take away. The actual jump has got to be one of the scariest thing I have ever done and something I am so glad I did, I must say I almost backed out at the last minute, but they managed to get some sense into me so I actually did it, they must have to do this with each person!
Highly recommend, loved it!

Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Adrenaline rush”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I did my first bungee jump here along with eight other people. It was amazing: the view from the bridge was incredible, and jumping off was the most surreal and incredible feeling. Two of our group loved it so much, they jumped a second time that afternoon! The staff were great about explaining everything and making sure we were each safely ready to jump. They picked us up at a designated spot in San Jose and drove us back, so we didn't have to worry about how to get there. Definitely worth it.

Visited July 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 attraction reviews
“It's worth a try at least once.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Tropical Bungee is definitely for the adventure traveler. Once you jump there is no holding back and you feel like you are going to crush into the ground but as reality struck you are bouncing up and down and saying to yourself WOW! Did I just just jump off that bridge? It personally it gave me an awakening of reality and life and definitely recommend it at least once in a life time.

Visited April 2013