“It's worth a try at least once.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 40 Attractions in San Jose
Type: Sports Complexes
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Bungee jump into the tropical forest of Costa Rica for one of the most amazing experiences of your life. Regardless of whether this is your 50th jump or your first, bungee jumping in Costa Rica is an experience not to be missed.Add some adrenaline to your San Jose trip and go bungee jumping in the tropics. Leave behind the hustle and bustle of San Jose and travel to the beautiful Colorado River in Naranjo for an unforgettable experience. The metal bridge that traverses the Colorado River is 80 meters above the ravine, and gives a spectacular view of the lush Costa Rican vegetation surrounding the jump point.Our professional guides will share their jump experiences with you and help any new jumpers to feel at ease as you prepare for one of the greatest thrills of your life. We do not an have age limit, the youngest jumper we have had was 4 years old, and the most seasoned that jumped was 80. Can you break the record?The tensest moment will be as you prepare yourself to jump, but once you let yourself go and feel the rush of falling through the sky you'll be well on your way to enjoying one of the most exciting, adrenaline-filled times of your life.Tropical Bungee offers bungee jumping since 1991. We are located in the Old Colorado River Bridge, it is 265 feet high, making it one of the highest bungee bridges in America.Tropical Bungee offers jumps every day with round trip transportation from San Jose. Our departures are at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.Tropical Bungee only uses imported equipment and we operate under the strictest safety norms. We are “the” Bungee Jumping pioneers in Latin America with a great trajectory in this sport as well as in other adventure sports.Tropical Bungee is NABA certified to manufacture bungee cords.AND WE ARE PART OF THE TOP TEN BUNGEE JUMPS IN WORLD
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 attraction reviews
“It's worth a try at least once.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Tropical Bungee is definitely for the adventure traveler. Once you jump there is no holding back and you feel like you are going to crush into the ground but as reality struck you are bouncing up and down and saying to yourself WOW! Did I just just jump off that bridge? It personally it gave me an awakening of reality and life and definitely recommend it at least once in a life time.

Visited April 2013

Milltown, NJ
3 attraction reviews
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I booked this for my 18 yr old son to celebrate his graduation. I booked online mid may for a jump that was to take place last Friday, Aug 2. About 2 weeks prior to our trip, my 15 yr old decided he also wanted to jump, so I sent an email and it was confirmed by Tropical Bungee that both kids are set to jump on aug 2, and we'd be picked up at our hotel at 1pm. We were coming from Manuel Antonio, so we got up, drove 2.5 hrs to get checked into our hotel so we were in the lobby at 1pm. By 1:30 no one showed, so I called the number on the confirmation and got a voice mail. We waited til 2 and called again, still a voice mail. I sent them an email asking what happened and got a response on Saturday that there were no jumps that week due to bridge inspections. I'm all for safety, but if there were no jumps all week, this could have been communicated to us so we could have stayed in Manuel Antonio for the day rather than rush to San Jose, only to sit around all afternoon.

Now, my boys were pretty bummed as this was to be a highlight of their trip, so I sent another email on Saturday asking if there were to be any jumps on Wed, Aug 7, since we didn't fly out until later in the day. I didn't receive a response, so I resent the email on Monday, never did get a response.

Pretty surprising, as I've read such great things about this company. I guess if you decide to book with them, make sure you have a backup plan incase they don't show up.

Visited August 2013
Los Altos, California
10 attraction reviews
“So. Much. Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I literally went bungee jumping this morning and it was SO MUCH FUN! They were so quick at setting everything up, but they also didn't skimp on making sure everything was safe & explaining everything clearly! Definitely very professional and fun! I'm so happy I did this and I know you will be too! This will not be the last time I go bungee jumping :)

Visited July 2013
“Amazingly terrifying!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great place to bungee. The staff is friendly and will make you laugh. The bungee itself is really fun. Great place for first timers!

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“This will get your heart pumping!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wow, what a great experience! We got there half an hour before our reservation (which was basically right when they opened or soon after and they had no problem sending us straight down to the bridge. My wife was extremely nervous, but the guys were great in calming her down and making her smile and afterwards her face was just pure adrenaline and excitement. Seriously, there is no other experience like falling face first towards a river bottom from high up. This is a must do!

Visited March 2013