We stayed here for 1 night upon arriving in San Jose. When we arrived to the hotel around 7pm, the doors were locked and no one was at the front desk. As 3 young females, we really didn't enjoy having to stand outside with all of our bags while random men approached us trying to chat. After about 15 minutes the girl working the desk wandered back and let us in. She ended up not being remotely helpful, and couldn't tell us basic things like how long it would take to get to our next destination (Manuel Antonio), how much it would cost for a private car, how to book a private car, etc. It was pretty strange.
In the morning, no one was around to ask about breakfast (sensing a theme here) so we had to go into the kitchen to ask a woman in there. She begrudgingly made us 3 plates of eggs and fruit. When it's included in the price, shouldn't it be easier to get? Weird.
The perks were the pretty lobby and the fast wifi. But everything else was sort of dingy, kind of weird, and definitely not worth coming back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Casa Colon is a beautiful colonial house in the 50s, with an architectural design typical of the period, with artisan hand carved cedar. We are a boutique Hostel with excellent quality, higher standards of each of the services Located in an excellent tourist and commercial area with easy access to services (banks, ATM machines, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, gas stations, shops, transport, etc) We offer private and shared rooms, bar and restaurant, security, excellent customer service and tourist information, free parking, TV room with flat screen cable TV. The comfortable private rooms have flat screen, cable TV, wireless internet access and housekeeping. (In addition sofa in Junior Suite) The dorms have bunk beds, free lockers, shared bathrooms spotless. The bar and restaurant offers delicious dishes for breakfast, lunch or dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Hostel Casa Colon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Casa Colon Hotel San Jose
- Hostel Casa Colon Costa Rica/San Jose