The hostel is in a Spanish Colonial home that has been newly refinished.
I happened to stay in the first floor room which probably was not the best.
It is right near the bar/lounge area so it was ridiculously noisy until midnight or so. Also, the first floor bathroom and showers are accessible only though the bar area. It is a bit strange to walk through the bar en route to a shower.
Other than the room location, the hostel is great. They have a nice breakfast that you can get for 400 or 500 Colones.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Casa Colon Hotel
- Hostel Casa Colon Hotel San Jose
- Hostel Casa Colon Costa Rica/San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Number one and First new “Premium Hostel” in Central America, at Hostel rates, now here in Costa Rica, with high quality accommodations, located in the best tourist-residential, quick access and safest area in San Jose, with lots of things to do around like Museums, Theaters, Parks, night life, entertainment and plenty of services and public transportation to anywhere in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hostel Casa Colon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.