AND, I am not of the age group lots of hostel settlers tend to be. Having spent the previous two nights at a hostel two blocks away where males were segregated from females, it was a shock to walk into this dorm room and see a man settled into his lower bunk! The property is a joy to be in with lovely wood banisters and gorgeous tiled floors. The previous hostel had 3 computers to use so I was spoiled when learning Colon only had one in a small confined space near the desk. None the less, it was available for my use when needed. The front desk attendants were helpful; sometimes too helpful! Edward wanted to help me so much I let him make a bus reservation for me a few days away so it would be in place when I returned from Monteverde. That turned out to be a huge mess when I could not make the bus ride and was charged anyway ($47). I had only been in a hostel the previous 2 nights! new experience for me and with the budget low, I managed with the dorm rooms. They were kept tidy, had lockers and waste baskets. The bathrooms were a ways off, but plenty to choose from. A towel was given with the room key; as long as you returned both when leaving there was no charge. The breakfast was $5 extra and not something I needed, so I paid just the $16 for dorm room and was happy enough. I was able to make my own cup of tea with their microwave keeping up the caffeine fix! I was fortunate in having respectful people staying in the hostel while I was there so noise and late comings was kept to a minimum. I paid $8 for a load of wash to be done; when I asked if I could wash a few things myself I was NO! It is located in a decent area; grocery store close by and the main central street right there.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Casa Colon Hotel San Jose
- Hostel Casa Colon Hotel
- Hostel Casa Colon Costa Rica/San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Number one and First new “Premium Hostel” in Central America, at Hostel rates, now here in Costa Rica, with high quality accommodations, located in the best tourist-residential, quick access and safest area in San Jose, with lots of things to do around like Museums, Theaters, Parks, night life, entertainment and plenty of services and public transportation to anywhere in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hostel Casa Colon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.