This hostel is within walking distance from both the Coca Cola Bus Terminal (for Jaco, Quepos, Manuel Antonio) and TicaBus Station (long trips out of CR) as well as the major markets (Central and Artisan) in San Jose. Its a big beautiful spacy with comfy couches for lounging on, and lots of tables in the bar area for hanging. I found it very comfortable. Its a bit noisy, because of the location, but if you avoid the room right off the front door, I haven't found the noise to be a problem. I've stay in a couple of the dorm style rooms, always clean with comfy beds, enough blankets, and a clean towel. Both times I showed up with out a reservation and they were accommodating and friendly. I've never paid for breakfast as there are two bakeries with in a couple blocks. I do think its a bit on the expensive side, primarily because the communal bathrooms suck. The tile is placed so the showers drain poorly and they get a little too much use to stay completely clean. So, I haven't quite decided if its worth the money, however, I can pretty much guarantee that you won't regret it, you just might find it a tiny bit lacking for the cost.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Casa Colon Hotel San Jose
- Hostel Casa Colon Hotel
- Hostel Casa Colon Costa Rica/San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Number one and First new “Premium Hostel” in Central America, at Hostel rates, now here in Costa Rica, with high quality accommodations, located in the best tourist-residential, quick access and safest area in San Jose, with lots of things to do around like Museums, Theaters, Parks, night life, entertainment and plenty of services and public transportation to anywhere in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hostel Casa Colon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.