“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tiquicia Hotel

Tiquicia Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose
Tiquicia Hotel
You added Tiquicia Hotel to your Saves list
9 Ave, 3 y 3 bis Str. No. 346 | Barrio Amon, San Jose, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #25 of 57 San Jose B&B and Inns
Adrian, Michigan
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I stayed for a week at the Hotel Tiquicia. I had stayed at a few other Hotels in Costa Rica and the staff at all of them were very nice, but at Hotel Tiquicia you are more then a guest, you are part of the family. Ellis and Calvin are 2 great guys who do their best to make you feel at home during your stay.
Saturday night we were treated to a wonderful Mackerel dinner with all the trimmings. It was a great way to start the night. After Calvin invited me to a Birthday party that went till the wee hours of the Morning.
If its your first trip to Costa Rica I highly suggest you consider Hotel Tiquicia. These guys will help you in anyway they can. If it be tours, travel destinations or any question or concern you may have during your stay. The guys are very knowledgeable and helpful. If you have been to Costa Rica before and haven’t checked it out I suggest you do. During my next trip I will be sure to stop by and say hi to my “extended family” in Costa Rica.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Hotel Tiquicia is an older hotel that gives you a feeling of a home. Bars resturantes are close. The breakfast was eggs, pancakes, and fruit was very good! The use of the kitchen makes a friendly area for conversations as well as cooking. It is a great value.

• Stayed June 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Tiquicia . Its located in the middle of san jose. i walked everywhere and still felt safe. I would def stay there again. The owner was wonderful and was very helpful in making sure i enjoyed every day in san jose. I cant wait until i get back to san jose. As a budget traveler it is a great deal. Thanks Cal

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Hotel Tiquicia is located in downtown San Jose which is good because you get acces to everything by walk...Also you can ask anything about touristic attractions and ask for reservations...You only have to ask and they will reserve everything for you...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I travel to Costa Rica often and like to try different lodging.My favorite is now Hotel Tiquicia.The owner, Calvin, and staff create a warm friendly environment.They are always available and helpful with directions,local services and travel plans.The hotel is clean and safe.Breakfast is a special treat every morning with a varied individual prepared at your convenience.Hope others will check out and enjoy my home away from home.

Room Tip: Is best if call and discuss rooms for your needs.