“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
Montreal, Canada
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a well located hotel, not too far from the city centre and close to several restaurants. The rooms are large and clean, the bathrooms modern, and the beds are comfortable. On the day of our arrival, we had a few special requests and the front desk staff were very helpful.

The restaurant of the hotel serves excellent food. The breakfast buffet - included in our room rate - offers a wide choice. We had dinner at the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised of the quality of the food we were served.

In terms of value for money, it is great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in San Jose 5 days, this hotel was excellent on location, and the price very affordable. Excellent installations, excellent service, excellent food and the best of all that I never experienced in any other hotel around the world, there is no extra charge on long distance calls, that's what I call Value added!!! Congratulations!!! if I come back to San Jose for sure I'll stay with you again! :D

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
RICE LAKE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The TRYP Sabana was the beginning and ending hotel for our Costa Rican adventure with OAT. A perfect location, near lots of restaurants and shops. Perfect for picking up those last minute things that you forgot to pack. Great Breakfast buffet in the morning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed in the Tryp Sabana as part of a tour with a holiday company specialising in South and Central America. The Tryp is conveniently located some 20 minutes walk from the city centre. The road into town is bustling with people and a lot of traffic.
The Tryp entrance is at the top of a set of steep steps. The hotel staff will not volunteer to help you with your luggage. The reception and dinning room are both modern. The rooms are musty and in need of modernisation. The rooms we stayed in were poorly designed - one had a pillar in the centre and the other was an awkward shape.

I would not recommend this hotel due to the rooms and the effort needed to access the front door.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I spent two nights in this hotel for business. From the moment that I arrived at this hotel, I felt as if I was bothering the staff. I had arranged to have the car that picked me up from the airport on my hotel bill and when we arrived, the driver insisted that I pay him directly. He was very rude and after trying to run my credit card in his machine for 20 minutes, we ended up putting it on my hotel bill anyway.

After walking around the town, I came back to rest, however this was not possible because there was a nightclub or private party which I believe was on the ground floor and it felt as if it was directly in my room on the fifth floor. Please do not promote your hotel to business travelers if it is actually better suited to those partying and vacationing.

My work event was at the hotel and it was incredibly noisy. During a presentation, we needed to stop and start several times because of noise from the road below.

I had scheduled a car to take me to the airport at 3:30am as I had a 6:00am flight. When I went downstairs to checkout, the front desk person let me know the driver had called and would be 10 minutes late. I said that it was very important that I get to the airport on time as I had an international flight- I check out- was not thanked for my stay, was not asked how anything was and was pointed out the door to walk my large suitcases down the stairs by myself. The "security guard" working the front helped me with bag down the stairs and there I stood for 30 minutes until my driver came. It was the same man who picked me up 2 days prior. 30 minutes late- no apology, no words period.

The staff here does not care about their guests, it is incredibly noisy and I will never stay here nor recommend this to people.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Tryp Hotels

Been to Tryp Sabana Hotel by Wyndham? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tryp Sabana Hotel by Wyndham

Address: Avenida 3 Calle 38 y 40, San Jose 433-1007, Costa Rica
Location: Costa Rica > Province of San Jose > San Jose Metro > San Jose
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#11 Business Hotel in San Jose
#14 Romantic Hotel in San Jose
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Tryp Sabana Hotel by Wyndham 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tryp Sabana Hotel by Wyndham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tryp Sabana Hotel By Wyndham Costa Rica/San Jose

If you own or manage Tryp Sabana Hotel by Wyndham, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.