“GO MIKE!!!” 5 of 5 stars

+506 3525054001
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Unique Personalized Tours since 1991. Combination Day Tours from San Jose and surrounding area hotels to Beaches, Volcanoes, Rainforest, Waterfalls, Canopy Tours, River White Water Rafting, River wildlife criuse in covered motorboat, and much more. Call us at our US Tel. listed above. Or email us.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“GO MIKE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We just got back from our trip. We (2 adults and three kids) had a free day in san Jose and i contacted Mike who put together a three part tour which included Volcano, waterfalls and best of all white water rafting. I would recomend Mike to anybody. He is laid back, funny and good company. The kids thought he was cool. He took some photos and emailed me them later. Thanks Mike.

Visited July 2012

Jasper, Georgia, United States
“Great half day tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We called Mike YESTERDAY, (yes, yesterday!) and booked a half day "see the sights around San Jose" tour for this afternoon. Just got back to the room after a GREAT 4 1/2 hours: Poas Volcano (yes, completely clear view down into the caldera); through the countryside to two spectacular views of waterfalls; true Costa Rican lunch at a "cooked on a woodburning stove roadside place (Soda Mirador); and visit to a coffee plantation. It was just what we wanted the afternoon before the trip back to the states. Mike knows everyone and everything in the area and will tailor a tour. His knowledge of local flora, history, and current events kept the conversation going as well.
We highly recommend Mike and will definitely use Paradise Tours our next visit back to beautiful Costa Rica. Wonderful customer service!

Visited April 2012
Irvine, California
36 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend Mike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We hired Mike for both a half day tour and airport transportation and were not disappointed. We visited the Poas Volcano which was awesome. Mike is knowledgeable about Costa Rica and really accommodating. His pricing is fair and our whole family enjoyed the time we spent with him.

Visited April 2012
lockport, ny
28 attraction reviews
“Full day with Mike, informative and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I booked the Superior Day Tour with Mike for myself and my husband. Unfortunately it was too foggy/cloudy to go to Poas but, Mike substituted a stop at a Jungle Lodge where we walked some nature hikes and had lunch. The river boat tour was great, Mike and the guide both pointed out things we would never have seen on our own...toucans, a crocodile, many birds, lizards, monkeys, etc. Overall a very good day.

Visited March 2012
Simpsonville, Sc
8 attraction reviews
“Great tour guide with top notch customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

There's not a lot to do in San Jose so I had researched a tour company on-line to set up some tours and ran across Paradise tours. It's a small company, however the operator/owner gives you so much personal attention it is worth going with a smaller company. Before our trips I worked with him to set up tours for my husband and I. We had to pay more for the private tours but it was well worth the extra money. Mike was so helpful in telling us what to do and interpreting for us. Neither of us spoke Spanish so he was a great asset. He even came with me when I was shopping and made sure I got all the right prices. He was very persistent and encouraged us when we wanted to skip somethings, but if he felt strong enough that we needed to see it he would insist that we go. It was also nice being on the private tour because he could customize based on what we needed. He also had beverages and snacks for us on all the tours and provided lunch. I highly recommend Mike if you are looking for someone to take you around Costa Rica. He has a website paradisetours.com that tell off all of his tours. Also I highly advise if it's your first time in Costa Rica it is better to have a driver because the drivers in Costa Rica are very aggressive drives.

Visited March 2012