“The worst hotel experience.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa Cambranes

You added Hotel Casa Cambranes to your Saves list
Hotel Casa Cambranes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 47 | between avenidas 10 & 10A, San Jose 2261/2050, Costa Rica (Formerly Casa Cambranes Lodge)   |
Ranked #3 of 87 Hotels in San Jose
Lisbon, Portugal
“The worst hotel experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

I was looking for an hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica when I made a reservation at Casa Cambranes for 31 nights. I was assisted by Julio Castellanos Cambranes, the manager.

Besides asking for a higher rate than any other hotels for the same quality in San Jose, Costa Rica they have a horrible service. They actually cancelled my reservation because they were demanding that I would have to pay in advance.

I am sure the quality & service they announce on their website is a scam as they wanted me to pay in advance. When I suggested to pay the first night only in order to see with my own eyes how the hotel was, and pay the following 30 nights right on the second night. They cancelled me the reservation.

Where in the world some hotel manager cancels a reservation? I am absolutely sure that he wasn't confident of himself and the hotel in order to let me pay for the next 30 nights on the 2nd night .

There are way other options in San Jose which offer better costumer service and price!

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Natalia G, Director de Recepción at Hotel Casa Cambranes, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
In regards to the comments made by this person, we have verifyed that he never stayed in our hotel. It is our policy to charge one night in advanced when the customer is planning to stay for more than 5 nights.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)

Been to Hotel Casa Cambranes? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Casa Cambranes

Address: Calle 47 | between avenidas 10 & 10A, San Jose 2261/2050, Costa Rica (Formerly Casa Cambranes Lodge)
Location: Costa Rica > Province of San Jose > San Jose Metro > San Jose
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Spa Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Spa Hotel in San Jose
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Casa Cambranes 3*
Discover the Hotel Casa Cambranes, a cozy four-star hotel where you will feel at home. Located in a stylish and safe neighborhood east of San Jose, just steps from The Interamerican Court of Human Rights. Designed with 12 colourful rooms, this small hotel blends neatness with a family-friendly environment and a gracious staff that will ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Casa Cambranes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Casa Cambranes Costa Rica/San Jose

If you own or manage Hotel Casa Cambranes, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.