A friend and I found ourselves in San Jose needing a hotel last minute. I am so thankful that we happened to stumble upon this gem after a taxi driver recommended it due to its central location. From the moment we stepped foot through the front door, Nelson, the general manager, greeted us and treated us as friends. He allowed us to pay in cash no problem (no credit card or silly deposit required!) and even brought my change to my room to allow us more time to settle in. Anytime we had questions or weren't sure what to do, he was at the ready with some killer recommendations and had a taxi driver at the door in two minutes every time. We were having trouble figuring out bus tickets to our next stop on the bus company website and last second we decided that we wanted to rent a car instead. While we sat and enjoyed our wonderfully fresh complimentary breakfast, Nelson was on the phone calling every contact he had and came up with three different options for competitively priced rental cars. As if that weren't enough, he also called the bus station and found out when the buses were leaving to our next destination in case we would prefer that. All of this was done with a genuine smile and no expectations for anything in return. The rooms are perfectly clean, cool, and comfortable. The middle of the B&B has an atrium overflowing with lush tropical plants, animals, and a fountain where you are able to BYOB and relax. It feels like a small paradise in the middle of the city. We loved it so much that we decided we we wanted to stay once more the night before our flight home. Again, as soon as we called Nelson from the jungle in Sierpe and informed him he took the liberty of arranging us bus tickets to get us back to San Jose since we had no internet. Thank you to the Casa Lima staff for treating us as true friends!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A small-paradise." is what we often hear from our guests’. Casa Lima is a small exclusive bed and breakfast nestled in one of Costa Rica's unique and privileged neighborhood, Rohrmoser. Located only 15 minutes from San Jose city centre and the airport, Casa Lima offers the perfect strategic location for visiting the Central Valley and exploring Costa Rica. Only a short drive away from all the amenities of San Jose and Escazu, yet located in a tranquil and relaxed tropical setting. Casa Lima is only two blocks away from the American Embassy in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HostelWorld and Tingo so you can book your Casa Lima B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Lima Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Lima Hotel San Jose
- Casa Lima B & B Costa Rica/San Jose